26: Feel Better

(A/N: the song above is for you readers as well. Thank you so much for supporting the story of Cece and Yvonne, it means the world to me!)

It's funny how one sentence can change your life completely. How a bet can change mine completely.

Without Derek, I don't think I would've confronted my feelings for Yvonne that quick. I don't think I'd end up dating her. I don't think I would've ended up with one of the closest friends I have up to date- Jameela.

Leon helped me out by letting us have access to the park, decorating it in fairy lights (thanks mom for letting me borrow the Christmas lights haha) and Nate and Derek went on a food run. I was planning a picnic for her by the park, and she wasn't there yet.

Jameela had agreed to spend the day with Yvonne, much to Yvonne's disinterest. Probably because she wanted to spend the day with me, and she was longing to see me. But lucky for her, she's going to see me very, very soon.

"Ready?" Leon asks Nate, who fixed the screen.

He nods, "Is the projector ready?"

Leon nods, and tests it out. I smile, and then wait for Yvonne. He hushes everyone, and they all hide behind the trees.

Yvonne is blindfolded, and I stand in my white dress all nervous inside. She's lead by Jameela, and by the way she's walking, she's excited too.

Jameela looks at the scenery before mouthing a 'wow' at me and leaving. She lets go of Yvonne, and I take a moment to admire what Yvonne's wearing; a blue crop top paired with black jeans and white air force ones. Her hair, now braided into long twists, was tied up into a bun, and her lips were shiny with lipgloss. I walk up to her, and smile.

"Guess whose in front of you." Jameela called out to Yvonne, who began sniffing the air.

"Is it Cece? I know her perfume." She laughs lightly, "Can I take off my blindfold?"

I don't make a sound, but reach behind her and untie the blindfold slowly. When does I remove it slowly, and she looks at me before her attention is drawn to the scene behind me.

The music starts playing as everyone jumps out of hiding, and a hand instantly flies up to her mouth. 'Feel Better' by gnash fills the air, and she hugs me so tight I can barely breathe.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" She begins to cry into my shoulder, and I pay her back as everyone cheers.

She lets go and Leon suddenly stops the music, putting the slideshow on. These were the pictures that were taken from the hawaii trip, and the videos too. When the slideshow ends, I leave Yvonne to stand in front of everyone.

"We're gathered here today to celebrate Yvonne's birthday." I start, and everyone sits down, "Now I know she's shocked that I planned this out, but I have to admit I had some help. So JJ, Nate, Leon and Derek, thank you!"

They clap, with Jessica and Gia arriving on the scene. Jessica sits on the blanket Derek is on, being greeted with a kiss. Gia sits by JJ, and Yvonne makes her way to the front, and sits on the blanket with the popcorn.

"I thought today would be the perfect day to watch The Fault In Our Stars." I smile, and everyone smiles. The movie is about to start, and I sit besides Yvonne.

She kisses me gingerly, "Thank you."

I nod, and the movie begins to play, everyone keeping silent as we watch.

Like I said before, it really is funny how a sentence can change your entire fricking life.

In this case, it changed mine. The moment Derek set the bet is the moment I knew that my life would change. I knew something would happen if I accepted it's I just didn't know what.

As I sit here in the arms of the love of my life, that's when I realize it;

The bet changed my life for the better.

THE END.