ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9 - ɢᴏ

This chapter is dedicated to my super friend Edith! Thank you so much for reading, even though you didn't know who the characters were XD - but you do now! You're a Stay!

It's around four o'clock the next morning when Jisung wakes. He squints in the dark, head pounding from the hangover he undoubtedly has from drinking so much soju last night, and nuzzles his head into his cushion.

His warm, comfortable, Minho-scented cushion.

Hang on...

He jolts upright suddenly, eyes now wide in confusion. Of course, he doesn't remember anything that happened the previous night after he lifted the bottle of soju to his lips.

Did I really get that drunk? he wonders, peeking at Minho momentarily. The older is still asleep, thankfully, a peaceful expression on his face as he breathes steadily, slightly blowing his fringe out of his eyes with every exhale.

Yes, he's sound asleep.

Go then, the voice implores. There's a gun in that vent over there.

Jisung hesitates, not wanting to disturb the purple's rest, so decides to move slowly, inching himself away from his warm body until they are no longer touching. When their contact is broken, he jumps up, creeping silently to the vent and opening it as quietly as possible, before reaching a hand in and grasping the gun that he can feel in the darkness. He closes the vent with a sigh, not logging how loud he is being until he hears a groan.

"Ji?"

Oh no.

Minho is awake now, rubbing his eyes and frowning at the younger.

"What are you - "

The orange cuts his partner off with a "shh", holding up the gun in his hand. Minho nods, understanding the need for secrecy.

Jisung returns to his side, weapon safely pocketed, and rests his head back on the purple's shoulder in an attempt to fall back asleep.

"Don't do anything stupid," Minho whispers, his hand finding the younger's. "I don't want to lose you."

It's going to be smart, purple, not stupid, the voice says.

"I promise," Jisung replies, squeezing the hand interlocked with his.

★★★★★★★★

A few hours later, the boys have fallen back into their usual routine. Changbin has retreated to admin, most likely busying himself with the production software once again; Seungmin, Hyunjin and Felix are back in "their spot", navigation, even though they've completed all of their downloads in that area; and Minho and Jisung have returned to electrical, where they are laying on the floor, discussing methods to get rid of the voice.