ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 11 - ᴘᴀꜱᴛ

As Minho drags him through storage, Seungmin's life literally seems to flash before his eyes

As Minho drags him through storage, Seungmin's life literally seems to flash before his eyes. He can't think why the purple has decided to pounce on him; the only knowledge he has is that he has been with Jisung the entire time. Maybe the orange is rubbing off on him.

The aqua remembers his first day of high school, just how terrified he had felt as a boy forced into a new world. All of the students in his year were older than him, and he felt intimidated by them all, terrified to approach them and make friends. As a result, the brunette could often be found in the corner alone, watching the other students have fun without him.

Maybe the reason he felt so intimidated was because he was a year younger than all of them.

Seungmin's parents had always believed that he was an exceptional child from a very young age. They believed he was too clever to attend regular school, instead hiring a private tutor to give him a head start on the curriculum. It worked in their favour too - Seungmin would end up being the youngest student to graduate from his high school since it had opened twenty years before.

He ended up entering school three months into the tenth grade, something that definitely didn't help to settle his nerves, as all of the other fifteen and sixteen year olds had formed their friendships years ago. There was the group that would always show off their latest technology, the group that would spend the majority of their time playing on their GameBoys, and then there was the group of three boys that caught Seungmin's attention the most.

Let's just say that the trio were extremely loud.

It was a day in early February that changed things for the fourteen year old. He had taken his usual seat in their Maths class - front row, two seats from the window - and had opened his orange exercise book, smoothing the page down so that it wouldn't try and close on him while he worked.

As he copied the first question down from the chalkboard, he felt something hit the back of his neck. His head shot up, and he turned around to find a scrunched up ball of paper on the floor behind him. He sighed, ignoring it and returning to his work.

About a minute later, he heard a "psst" from somewhere behind him, but assumed it was directed to somebody else, so ignored it again.

Then he heard someone whisper "Seungmin", and he turned around to meet a pair of deep brown eyes staring straight back at him.

"Look at the paper," the boy whispered. "Open it."

Confused, Seungmin complied, reaching down to pick up the ball that had hit him earlier and unfurling it.

Do you want to sit with us? it read. You look lonely.

The brunette flushed slightly. Someone was asking for his company?

He turned around and noticed that the same boy was still looking at him, expecting an answer. Smiling slightly, he nodded, noticing the look of joy appear on the other's face, who nudged the two boys sat either side of him and whispered, "he said yes!"