4: That One Song From TikTok

Julia's POV

Julia's POV

    So many people are giving me weird stares. I'm on my way to my next class and the only good thing so far about becoming Wellington High's "weird girl" is that people aren't in my way. They're spreading out like a sea to point and gawk at me.

    "Whoa, check it out, it's crazy girl!" one guy says as I walk by him. I shoot him a glare and trudge on through the loud, bleach-smelling hallway.

    The video Brent filmed of me is currently gaining traction on Betsy's YouTube channel. She titled it "Crazy Girl Attacks Random Guy *Scary*" and, even though it only has around 6,000 views so far, I'm certain that almost everyone at my school has seen it already, given their stares.

    It probably isn't helping either that I'm holding together my dress's shoulder strap by tying knots with the split strap pieces. Or that I look pissed off.

    "What happened, Julia?" I hear a familiar voice ask.

    I turn around and see Mia rushing up to me. I see Betsy behind her and figure they were just talking together. Probably plotting their next attack on my vlog channel. "Oh, hey," I say, and trudge on sadly through the laughing sea of students. "You've seen the video?"

    She frowns, walking next to me with a slight bounce in her feet. "Yeah, I think it was taken out of context though."

    I snort. "You think?"

    "I should've warned you, but I had no idea Brent and Patrick were gonna be your lab partners! They're both total jerks. I promise you, I had nothing to do with the whole thing," she explains.

    I sigh inwardly in relief, trusting that she has nothing to do with the video.

    "I believe you. And yeah, I figured out that they're jerks," I say.

    After the first period was over, I'd stormed out of the classroom as fast as I could before Brent got a chance to say anything. Patrick had tried to follow me, but I'd ditched him too.

    "Look, I'm sorry about what Betsy did, but I think I have an idea for how you can at least do a little bit of damage control," Mia says.

    I look at her and raise an eyebrow.

    "Own it!" she exclaims with a laugh.

    "That's your advice?" I ask incredulously.

    "Yes! Film a clip for your vlog channel, which, by the way, I think is awesome, and just laugh it off. Say the video was just you messing around with a friend and that you both had fun," she says.

    "That's... Not actually a horrible idea!" I say, deciding that I won't let Betsy get the last laugh.

"Will you be in the video with me?" I ask her.