☁︎︎Check-up☁︎︎

As the doctor walked in the girl's gaze lifted to meet the new person.

Vermillion curls messily laid atop of her head. Small freckles were sprinkled over her nose, almost as if someone purposely made sure to place them in one spot, as there wasn't even one freckle not laid aloft her nose.

Her eyes were the same color as emeralds, a vibrant green that sparkled when the light hit them.

"Hello, my name is Koemi Sallow," she states holding her hand out.

"Hange Zoe!" the brown head smiles, holding out her non-vacant hand for her to shake.

"Where's Levi?" Erwin asks, looking around the room.

Hange smiles and says, "He said something about checking up on the cadets. They're doing hand-to-hand combat today."

The man just nods and turns his head towards the doctor.  "Doctor Sallow, I've asked you to come today for a simple examination. I hope I don't trouble you in any way," he says with a smile.

The doctor smiles as well and shakes her head. "Of course not! My job is to help people in need. And please, call me Koemi," she exclaims.

She turns her gaze to meet with the little girl's beautiful blue eyes. Koemi gasps and her lips upturn even more.

"Oh my g- she's gorgeous!"

The girl just stares at the woman, her head tilting slightly.

The child couldn't help but stare at the woman before her. She too thought the human that stood across from her was beautiful, but she wasn't used to this feeling yet. Everyone she met before was anything but beautiful. An eyesore, if you will.

Of course, Hange and Erwin weren't anything close to ugly to her. She loved how kept Erwin's hair is, and how Hange's nose hooks. Those were the features that stood out to her the most, and she took quite the liking to them.

For Levi, however, she just met him. The one time she tried to steal a glance at him he returned her gaze with a glare that practically said "your presence annoys me."

Then there's herself. She's never seen what she's looked like, as she's also never seen a mirror before in her life. The child assumes that she has a somewhat pleasant appearance. She's learned that much after the many compliments she has been getting in the few hours she's been at this mystery place.

Hange carries her over to the desk and gently places her down. The hard surface wasn't ideal for the check-up, but they couldn't risk getting seen by the cadets if they were to move her to a different room, as it would most likely bring an uproar, and a very chaotic one considering who the cadets consist of.

"Hello, my name is Keomi Sallow, but you can just call me Keomi," the woman said softly as she walked up to her with a bright smile.

The girl weakly nodded.

"I'm a doctor, so my job is to take care of people that are ill or hurt. Today, I'm just going to check your body for any injuries, okay sweetheart?"

Once again, the girl nodded.

As the doctor began the check-up, which was listening to her heart and breathing, checking for broken bones, etc, Erwin noticed she was shaking a bit.

After seeing this he tapped in her shoulder and held his hand out. The girl looked over and down at his hand, and then back up to his face, where he was giving her a warm smile.

She then looked back at his outreached hand and stared at it a bit, seeming to be contemplating whether or not she should hold it.

His hand was large, maybe even bigger than her face. So when she finally decided to hold it, she was only able to wrap her hand around his thumb.

"SO CUTE!" Hange squealed. Erwin chuckled, him too thinking that the little action was adorable.

"Alright," Koemi starts, "Nothing seems to be wrong with her except her throat and her weight. Her vocal cords are damaged, but it's only a minor injury, meaning that she will be able to talk in a few weeks once it heals on its own. Concerning her weight, she's underweight, but I assume you fed her when you found her?" (I have no idea if this is possible but it's my story so whatever I write goes ig)

"Ah, yes, we did feed her when she got here, and we will continue doing so."

After a few minutes, Erwin and the Doctor said their thanks and goodbyes, and Koemi took her leave.

After he shut his door, he walked over to the girl and sighed. "We should've asked her if she knew how to figure out her age."

"Oh yeahhh," Hange said, looking at the girl who was still sitting on the edge of the desk, swinging her dangling legs back and forth.

"I say she's about...4 or 5 ish...I think," Hange concludes.

Erwin nodded in agreement.

The girl looked up at the two of them and pointed to Erwin, then held her hands out and made grabbing-like motions.

Erwin smiled and picked her up, holding her on his hip.

"Well, I think it's time to meet the others."

Hange's eyes widened. "I thought you didn't want her to meet them yet?"

"I changed my mind. I think it would be best for her to meet new people. She's been locked up all her life," he stated with a nod.

Hange smiled and almost fell as she ran out the door.

"GUYYYYSSSSS"

☁︎︎

Erwin walked down the long hallways, on his way to the cafeteria. The back of his boots clicking and echoing off the brick walls.

The girl who is yet to be named is in his arms with both hands wrapped around his neck.

When he got to the doors to the cafeteria he stopped walking and took a deep breath.

The child looked up at his face, tilting her head slightly. He smiled down at her and says, "Are you ready?" The child nods and he opens the door.

No one seemed to realize the Commander walking in, as they were too busy talking to their friends or eating their lunch. Although there were only a few people in the room, it still made the blue-eyed child wince at the new sound level, which was much louder than earlier.

"Four-eyes over there told everyone in here of her arrival."

The familiar monotone voice made the girl look up. A short, raven-haired man walked up to Erwin.

Earlier, she figured out that his name is Levi, and that he is also a Squad Leader, like Hange. But she also figured out that he is not like Hange at all. The complete opposite of Hange.

While Hange is talkative, lively, and looks happy all the time, Levi on the other hand, is quiet, serious, and has a scowl on his face all the time.

The girl wonders what's making him so grumpy.

"What are you looking at, brat?"

She snapped out of her thoughts and looked to see who was talking, only for it to be the person she was accidentally staring at.

Unlike last time, she simply put her head back on Erwin's shoulder.

If he was Hange and Erwin's friend then she could trust him as well.

"Tch"

"Commander! Who's that?"

The girl picked her head up once again. Everyone looked in the Commander's direction and their eyes widened.

Why in the world would a child be here?