Chapter 11- The Girl On Fire

I open my eyes slowly, trying to sit up, but wincing in pain from my burnt up arm. "Hold still!! Hold still!!"

I groan from the pain as Peeta begins to rinse my arm. "Sponsors sent you this," Peeta says and hands me a tiny parachute. I open the container and see a tiny container and a note. I open the note first and it reads, Aaliya, I'm so sorry about Brady. Maybe this could ease some of your pain - Finnick Odair.

"What is it?" Peeta asks me.

"Medicine," I murmur and he grabs the medicine container. He rubs the cool gel onto my burn and wraps it in a bandage.

"So," I ask, slowly sitting up, since the pain has already subsided. "What happened?"

"Marvel came back running through the woods with you in his arms. He said there was a fire and you burned your arm and passed out," Peeta replies.

"So why are you with the careers?" I ask.

"Helping them find Katniss."

"I thought you loved her?"

"I do," he says, forcing a smile. "But only one of us comes out of here." I nod slowly, that must be hard helping to kill the person you love. "You should get some rest now," he says and begins to pack up the first aid kit.

"Hey lover boy is she awake?" someone yells from over by the cornucopia.

"Yes," Peeta yells. "But she's-"

Peeta's interrupted by Clove running full speed right at me. "Hey District 4! You're awake!"

"Yeah," I murmur. "I see that."

"Hey Clove, what's up!" I hear Marvel yell.

"She's alive!" Clove yells back. "Marvel thought you were dead, which is kinda stupid since no cannons went off," she whispers to me. Marvel isn't the brightest.

Less than a second later, Marvel is leaning over me. "Aaliya thank God girl, I thought you were dead! Don't ever do that to us again!"

"Yeah, I'll try not to burn myself with a fireball again," I say. Marvel laughs and gives me a hug, and Clove sits down beside me. "So where's Cato?"

"Sleeping," Marvel replies. "The second he hears you he'll be running though," he says with a grin.

"Aaliya!" I hear Cato practically scream as he runs over to me. "Out of the way Marvel!! She's all mine!!" Oh no. Not this again, it's the interview night all over again, besides Brady telling me he loves me. Cato picks me up and swings me onto his right shoulder blade.

"Put me down Cato!!" I say laughing and lightly punching the side of his head.

"No can do Princess!" He yells from down below and everyone laughs. This is the moment I realise how much I missed these guys. "Aaliya, I think you should join the careers, Cato says.

"Please don't turn us down this time," Marvel says and Clove nods.

"Ok I'm in," I say. "Who do I kill first?"

************************

I spend the remainder of the afternoon helping everyone around camp. I help Marvel set up more canopies, I help Cato sharpen the blades, I help Peeta pack the bags, and Clove and I set up the beds. I even braid Glimmer's hair for her.

"I think we should start hunting," Cato says as we sit under one of the canopies. "Aaliya, you were in the woods. Any places we should try searching for Everdeen?"

"Well," I say. "Chances are she hasn't had water yet. We could check by the stream I found."

"Do you remember how to get there?" Glimmer asks.