Chapter 67

After a full 30 minutes of going around the hospital ground, Leon still could not find the missing son. He sat down on a bench at the hospital park along with other patients and visitors. Where could he be? He suddenly felt a pull on his sleeve.

"Papa..." His daughter called.

"Oh... sorry, Seara. Are you tired?"

Seara shook her head. She pointed at the entrance to a building. "There is a strange boy, like mommy. There."

"Strange boy?" Leon asked.

"Come!" She pulled her father's sleeve.

Leon followed her and walked to the said building. He saw a little boy sitting by the stairs leading up the entrance. The boy sat hugging his knees – his face hidden in between. Is this the strange boy?

Leon touched his shoulder. "Kid, are you alright?" He could hear the boy sniffling. "Are you lost? Where are your parents?" The boy slowly lifted his head up and that moment, Leon knew the strange boy Seara mentioned had to be Nora and Walter's son.

"Papa, you see that? He has green eyes!! Like mommy!!" The boy was a Mir. He had the same emerald green eyes as Viola.

"Seara, can you walk on your own? Papa will carry him." He asked his daughter.

Seara nodded her head vigorously.

"Your parents are looking for you. Let's go." Leon offered his hand

"Who are you?" The boy asked Leon. He looked frightened.

Leon pondered for a while and then he took out his phone.

***

"Asia!!!" Nora hugged her son when she saw him. "Naughty boy!! Why did you go off alone!! Mommy was soooo worried!!" She cried her tears out. Her son cried and hugged her back. "I'm sorry, mommy."

Nora wiped his tears and turned to Leon. "Viola called me just now. Thank you so much, Leon."

Leon waved his hand. "Just be careful next time." And they walked back together to Viola's room.

Seara ran to her mother as soon as the door opened. "Mommy!"

"You are back! Oh, you found Asia? Thank goodness!" Viola was relieved to see the boy.

"I thought I was going to have a heart attack." Nora let out a sigh of relief. She ran to Viola's bedside and looked at the twins. Her son stood beside her. "I'm so happy for you!"

Viola blushed. "Thank you, Nora. By the way, what are you doing here in Bellfield?"

Nora pointed at her belly. "My second kid." She grinned broadly. "I plan to stay here until the baby is born."

"Oh, my... Congratulations!" Viola grabbed Nora's hands. She remembered the excitement when Asia was born. The two young mothers continued to chat. Asia who got bored, quietly left the room.

"Where are you going?" Leon eyed the little boy.

"F... Find daddy." Asia replied. He was scared of Leon.

"Stay here with your mom. I'll find him for you. Can you look after her for a while?" Leon pointed to Seara who had dozed off on the sofa. The boy nodded. "Here, read this." He passed him a picture book to get him occupied.

Leon walked out of the room and saw his father, George and Dr. Gale.

"Dad. You are here." Leon approached them.

"Mr. Oliver! Congratulations! I've just heard about the happy news." Dr. Gale shook his hands.

Leon smiled and thanked him.

"So, where are the twins?" The two grandfathers' eyes were beaming with delight.

"They are all..." Leon paused. He remembered Nora was still inside. He wondered it was a good idea to let them in now. He did not want to add more stress to Viola.

"Leon?" Someone called him from behind. Leon turned his back and saw Walter. Uh oh...

"Walter...?" George's expression changed when he saw his daughter's ex.

"Uhmm... hi... Mr. Ernest..."

Leon could see Walter's body turned stiff.

"I... I heard about your grandchildren. Congratulations." He extended his hand to George.

George did not extend his. He just stood there quietly. Walter awkwardly took back his hand and scratched his head.

"Your son is looking for you. It is just down the corridor, the last on the left." Leon pointed.

"Ah... yes, I'll go pick him up. Thank you, Leon." Walter left hurriedly.

Ian turned to his friend. "Are you alright?"

George smiled weakly. "I'm pathetic, aren't I? I still can't forgive him even though it has been years since then. My daughter has long forgiven the couple while I'm still stuck here."

Ian patted his shoulder. "Don't beat yourself up over it. It's natural to feel that way. Shall we go and see the twins?" He laughed and turned to Leon. "Where is my little Seara?"

"Sleeping."

Suddenly, they heard a loud cry coming from Viola's room. Did something happen? The three of them rushed to the room.