Emotions

Aidan entered the janitor's closet with 56. The first thing 56 noticed when entering the closet is 0 hiding behind a few boxes. 56 stepped towards the box fort and pushed a box away with his torso, confirming it was 0. "Hey 0." 56 greeted. 0 stood up and waved. "Hi, 56." Aidan looked between the two boys. "You two know each other?" Aidan asked. 0 glanced at Aidan and nodded. "We're acquaintances." Aidan looked through the shelves and grabbed two packets of peanuts. He then gave it to the two subjects. "Here's some food. You guys are probably hungry." 0 and 56 took the peanuts and started eating 56 needed some help with eating his peanuts. Aidan looked through the shelves and found a blueprint. "What is it?" 56 asked, seeing the blueprint. Aidan unrolled it and looked for where they currently were. "A blueprint of the lab," Aidan replied, folding the large piece of paper. "I'm going to find a way to get everyone out. You stay here because I have no idea what Dr. Green will do if he sees you." Aidan helped the two subjects hide behind the boxes, and stepped outside. He left the door slightly open just in case they need to run. Aidan then sprinted off, looking for possible exits. Meanwhile, 56 grabbed onto the box and stood up. "What are you doing?" 0 whispered. 56 helped 0 up and stepped out from behind their wall of boxes. "I'm going to go help. If you want, you can stay here." 56 responded. "Do you want to die? Because that's the quickest way to get found and murdered." 0 questioned the younger subject. "Well, I can't just sit around and do nothing!" 56 replied. "You're rebellious as fuck for someone who somehow escaped their cell and is assisting the janitor. I'm pretty sure other people would be more careful to not get caught if they escaped." 0 said. 0 saw 56 looking at him with pleading eyes, and sighed. "Fine. But stay close to me at all times." Wait a minute. 0 is starting to feel emotions? About a day ago, he was as emotionless as a rock! But somehow, now he is able to feel... Annoyance and protectiveness? "Thank you!" 56 smiled gleefully. His eyes now twinkled with thankfulness and determination. 56 looked around until his eyes landed on a hallway. "Let's go there!"••• Dr. Andie unfolded the list of locations the members of TC are at. He gripped the wall and stood up, holding the piece of paper tightly in his hand until his knuckles turned white. "I have to go get them." He sprinted down the hall, to his left, and took another turn until he got to a staircase. He carefully walked down the stairs until he got to the bottom. He unlocked the door and stepped inside. A row of abandoned cells lined the wall. He entered a cell and grabbed Subject #774. He led her out of the cell, and up the stairs. He took her to the recovery room, and walked out, locking the door. He couldn't let Dr. Green get to her. He looked at the long list. "This is gonna take forever...