VI

Days went so fast and today, we are going to officially adopt Calix. The papers has been processed and his name will be under our name, Bizeviron.

It took 3 months to adopt him, and in those 3 months it's hell for me and Regan, the elders are nagging us to spend the night together, so we do share a room, but it was so awkward to the point that none of us get a wink of sleep.

"Sigh"

"My Lady?"

I turn around and faced Jennie. She's currently doing my hair. I'll go and pick Calix from my sister's house with the Duke today since we already got the papers. He's now officially a member of house Bizeviron.

"Its nothing."

I told Jennie to keep my long blonde hair down and put an emerald ornament. It really suits the dress I'm wearing which is an emerald colour aswell.

We went down, as I walk down the stairs, I saw the Duke, he's waiting for me. I was confused, why would he wait for me when he can straightly go along without me which he usually does whenever we visit Calix.

"I'll join you in the carriage today "

As much as I want to ask WHY. I kept my mouth shut..

He offered his hand for me, I hold it until he escorted me in the carriage. He sat in front of me and I quickly averted my eyes the moment I felt his gaze on me.

"Thank you wife.." he said breaking the silence.

"I can't tell you the reason why I want to take in that child. All I can do for you in exchange is to give you the things that I can give."

Even in the novel, it was never mentioned why Regan adopt the previous Empress' son. No one know beside the author and Regan himself.

I only nodded and focused my attention outside of the window. We're passing through the streets, there's less commoners here since this is the Capital; Arenzia.

There's a slums but they're kept in place and no nobles go there. They're a little bit far from the capital.

"Your Grace, we have arrived."

The carriage stopped and then Regan went outside. As expected he offered his hands again for me. I just went along with whatever's he's doing.

When I already got off, I was pulling my hands but he didn't let go of it. With creased eyebrows I look at him disapprovingly.

"Just for today."

I sighed and didn't said anything further.

"I greet His Grace the Duke and Her Grace the Duchess of Bizeviron. Welcome to Eldenbourg." Cecil Shaz Eldenbourg, my sister's husband.

"It's nice to see you Marquis, I hope you're faring well." I brightly said as I smiled at him which he also returned with his dashing smile.

"I am faring well thank you Duchess. Also, my wife is eager to see you today, but unfortunately she's bedridden because of her pregnancy, the child is also with her."

We talk as we walk towards my sister's bedroom, he said that my sister said to escort me to her room as soon as I arrived. I only chuckled while thinking of her face.

Probably she doesn't want to let go of Calix since she grew fond of him.

The Marquis stopped and knocked on the door.

"Wife, Her Grace the Duchess is here, can we come in?" He gently said.

"Yes!" A voice of a woman inside the room excitedly said.