XI

It was almost dawn the time we finished on doing it. And now I'm awake, looking at the beautiful sleeping face of the man who tirelessly took me last night.

I pretended to be asleep because he will do it with me again if I didn't. He's got a lot of stamina, probably because he is a knight.

His handsome face, I will not forget it.

I got off of the bed quietly and put on some robe. Pulling out the luggage hidden under the bed, I checked it and it's all of the things I needed.

Carrying it outside, I went to a vacant guest room to take a bath, even though my whole body feels so sore and heavy, I need to do things fast.

After changing into plain clothes, I made my way to Regan's office to find the contract papers. It was just right on top of his office desk so it wasn't that hard to find, I grabbed his quill and signed it.

Now, my stay here is all done. I know that the divorcement will be a huge issue, but, what can I do about it?

All that he needs to do is to pass this papers to the temple. Then I will be marked as divorce and a shameful woman in the whole Empire.

I don't care though, by that time. I'm already living my life by myself. As my true self and not as a villain character.

After signing the papers, I walked towards Calix' room. He's already awake on his bed.

"Mom?" I smiled and sat on his bed.

"Goodmorning sweetheart." I greeted, he returned the smile and then snuggled against me.

"Where are you going mom?" He asked

"I'm going to run some errands."

"But you can make the maids do that for you. Just stay here with me mom."

"I can't do that, this is very important and personal as well, so I cant let anyone do this for me."

He pouted his thin red lips. I touched his cheeks before leaning my forehead against his.

"Be a good boy when Mommy is gone, is that clear?" I back away wanting to see his innocent face. He nodded.

"Hm! Don't worry about Calix." I smiled and kissed his whole face which made him giggle.

As much as I want to play with him, I can't. My time is limited and I need to drop by the temple to hand the letter I made beforehand.

While walking down the hallways to get in the entrance of the mansion, I can see the look on the maids faces. It's probably because of what I'm wearing right now.

Why would a Duchess like me wear an outdated dress that looks like a commoner's.

Well why would I care now since I'll be a commoner sooner anyways.

"M-Madam?" Zehin, Regan's butler appeared while he's catching his breath.

"What is it?" I asked and smiled warmly. I want to give a warm impression before leaving.

"J-Just where are you going wearing such dress? A-And those luggage?"

"Hmm? It seems like Regan didn't tell you that we have agreed on divorcing after adopting Calix. You can see the contract in his office, also, when he wakes up tell him that I already signed the contract and he can send it to the temple without worrying. I'm heading towards the temple to give my statement that I agreed to be divorced and to be demoted into a commoner."

His face gave it all away, he was looking at me with such saddened eyes as if ready to cry in front of me.

"I-I don't think that His Grace would still agree on divorcing the Madame... He is such a rock for not realizing his own---"