31❦

31

❦𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮❦

I stand in my room, well Blake's room that he's letting me use for the time being.

We leave for the date in an hour and I feel like my heart is about to run away from me. I never would have thought that he liked me. I just thought he was a good guy who couldn't leave a girl to live on the streets. But now I know he feels more than sympathy for me.

"Ha. ha... ha." A nervous laugh creeps out of me as my eyes stare at the wall. I've been zoning out for the last twenty minutes, half of me thinks this is fake. And the other half is yelling at me to get my butt on the move and start getting ready.

A date, I've never been on a real date before.

And with Blake, a guy who has shown me nothing but kindness. He's so freaking cool, like one of those biker guys that you feel terrified of, but can't help but imagine how safe you would feel if they watched over and protected you.

That's how I feel with him, safe. And his muscles, bet he could lift me with his pinky finger. I should ask.

When I realize there is only forty minutes until I'm supposed to be ready my legs jump into action and run me to the shower.

I keep it simple, after all it's a bowling date. And not like I could dress up if I wanted to, I'm still working with limited clothing since I denied Blake's offer to buy me more.

He did get me a couple outfits though when I first got here though. So I grab one of them and throw it on, a pair of ripped mom jeans and a light blue top.

He said he bought what the manikin was wearing when he walked into the store. Said if I didn't like it maybe I should stop being so stubborn and just go shopping with him.

But I loved it, I probably couldn't have picked a better outfit than this anyway. I keep my face bare, I was never a fan of makeup anyway, I never really spent any of my money on it.

Plus one time when I tried some mascara, I got pink eye. So I decided to never try that again.

It was probably because it was a used product, but I don't care to try it again. And I really like my face natural, I know some girls don't feel like themselves without makeup on, but I'm the opposite.

I dry my hair and scrunch it up to give it a bit more volume. I have thin hair, so if I don't scrunch it while it's damp the hair sticks close to my head and looks weird.

But if I scrunch it, sometimes I even get nice little waves, those are my favorite hair days.

By the time I'm done getting ready it's ten minutes before we need to leave and my gut sinks to the floor.

Holy crap I'm nervous.

Isaiah said to meet them at the bowling alley, said he'd reserve a section with couches so we can be fancy. I've never even been bowling before, I know what it is but I can't picture how couches have anything to do with it.

A light knock sounds at the bedroom door, "Hey, Rose. It's almost time to go, are you ready?" Blake's nervous voice is muffled by the wooden door. My feet padd across the floor to the door and open it slowly.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I smile, trying my best to not look like I'm about to pee my pants.

Blake stands close, hand on the back of his neck rubbing it nervously. He wears his typical black t-shirt, but instead of shorts like he usually wears he has a pair of light jeans on instead.