Ross County RTG - Season 3

Manager: Finn Drisscoll

Nationality: Scotland 

International Team: Peru 

[ 26 W - 10 D - 2 L : 75 Points ]

[ Board Objectives ] 

After our promising performance last season, the boys and I were hungry for more. We hadn't even made it past the qualifying rounds of the Europa League and we wanted to make a deep run. In the league, our goal was to finish 2nd along with possibly winning the Cup.

Heading into this season I knew that if I wanted to be serious about competing in the Europa League and to give Celtic or Rangers a run for their money, I needed to bring in some experienced talent.

I was a little miffed that I never got the option to participate in a preseason tournament which would've given us £2-3 million in prize money that would've helped bring in some good talent.

I was also pissed that the board only gave us £2,500,000 in budget to spend. There was no way that I was going to be able to bring in some quality, first team players that could really transform the squad.

I transfer listed some players that I would've wanted to come in because I was expecting to get about £6-£7 million in budget to spend but with only £2 million I couldn't do anything.

However, I managed to talk Michail Antonio and convinced him to accept our loan deal with the promise of European football.

As I scoured through the free agents list, I saw that Gareth Bale was available to sign and immediately I made him our top priority.

Again using the promise of Europa league action, I managed to get him on the books for £17,000 a week. Instantly he was our top player followed by Michail Antonio and then our homegrown player Logan Sutherland.

I had also brought in Callum O'Dowda and Victor Pálsson who were both free agents and gave us some much needed depth.

The transfer window slammed shut and I felt confident that we could make a serious run in the Europa League and also a run for the title.