Chapter 23 - Hoping to forget

Y/N's POV

The only possible way to reduce the pain is with alcohol, so I call the group together for a night out in our favorite club.

Kim says she can't come along because of the upcoming exams, but that doesn't stop us from going.

The club is already filled with drunk college students that need something else on their minds, the previous days laying heavy on each of their shoulders.

We both go to the end of the room, the same dark booth where we always sit the last one available. 

James excuses himself for a moment, walking to the bar to get the first round of shots. The night is filled with laughter and jokes, the vision of my eyes becoming blurry with every passing minute.

My phone lights up and the sound of a new message reaches my ears. I place my cocktail on the table and read the message.

Miss H.
I'm sorry that he came in like that.

I roll my eyes, suppressing a laugh. Why the hell would she write to me when she is on her perfect date? Like shouldn't her tongue be busy elsewhere?

At the thought, my stomach turns, a bitter taste appearing on my tongue that I try to remove with another shot of tequila.
With a scoff I place my phone back down on the table, not even thinking about replying.

James furrows his brows. "Don't you want to answer it?"

"It's not important." I respond, pressing the button to turn the display off.

In response, he only nods, looking at me with questioning eyes, but he doesn't ask further. I give him a reassuring smile, taking a sip of my cocktail and letting my eyes roam over the dancing crowd.

But after a few minutes, my display lights up again, another message from her.

Miss H.
Y/n, please, answer me to let me know you're ok.

I groan, rolling my eyes and turning the phone off again. Can she stop being so annoying? This night is all about forgetting her and not being reminded of her every few minutes.

As if she cares after she pulled that little stunt on me. Agreeing to go on a date with him even though we got closer... well that's what I thought happened, but it seems like she doesn't feel the same.

My trail of thoughts is interrupted by another sound of my phone. I don't even want to look at the screen anymore, her messages only rubbing salt into open wounds.

Miss H.
I know that you're ignoring me, so stop it.

"It seems like someone really wants to talk to you." James mentions with a grin, nodding in the direction of my phone.

I shrug my shoulders. "I'm not in the mood to talk to that person."

"So it's a person wow," he chuckles, "Who is it?"

James leans forward, trying to steal a glance at my display. Quickly, I shield the phone out of his view, so he wouldn't see the name above the notification.

"My mom." I lie, taking a sip from my drink.

Before James can respond to my obvious lie, a familiar blonde girl walks up to the table, two glasses in her hands.

"I knew that I remembered that face from somewhere. Y/n right?" The girl asks, giving me a bright smile.

I nod. "The one and only. You must be Sarah, if I remember correctly."

She hums. "That's correct."

"And I'm James. So Sarah, do you want to sit with us?" James doesn't even wait for an answer and pushes Louis further down the seats.

Sarah accepts, sitting down beside me, her side touching my body, pressing against me. We quickly begin to hold small talk, Sarah touching my hand whenever she laughs at my jokes.

James gives me a knowing look, his eyes switching between me and her, eyebrows raised in amusement. The sudden occurrence makes me nearly forget about the previous messages. But my phone lights up again.

I try to ignore it, but Sarah pokes me against the side, giving me a questioning look. "Don't you want to know who it is?"

James leans forward. "Yeah, y/n, don't you want to write back?"

I swallow, taking a quick glance on my phone.

Miss H.
Please.
Write back.

My heart clenches, fingers twitching to write her back, but I breathe in deeply, shaking my head.

"Not important." I state with a firm voice.

Sarah nods, biting her lip and looking down on the table.

"Do you want to dance?" I ask her.

She looks back up, smiling widely at me. With a grin I pull her up, holding her hand and lead her on the dance floor, avoiding the drunk bodies that sway around us.

Lost in the music, we both dance to the songs, hips moving instinctively to the tunes, occasional giggles slipping past our lips as we look at each other.

The drink in my hand is finished, half of the liquid down my throat and the other half on the floor because it spilled out while I was moving to the music. But I can't pay any attention to that, not when Sarah seems so lost in the music, the colored lights reflecting on her shiny dress.

My body sways to the beats of the music, hands over my head as I let every ounce of thought of her behind.

Sarah nears herself with a grin, spinning me around and her hands grabbing my hip, pulling my back closer to her, the movement making heat travel all over my skin.

As a slow song begins to play, her fingers travel over my waist to the front of my stomach, her breath gliding over my neck, my thighs clenching together.

I sigh, my head rolling back on her shoulder as she presses soft kisses on the bare skin of the neck. The contact making shivers travel down my spine, groaning as her lips skim over the shell of my ear.

All of a sudden a hand grabs me around my wrist pulling me out of the crowd, earning a disapproving groan from me.

Just as things got interesting.

"What r you doing?" I protest, pulling my hand out of James' grasp with unamused eyes.

"Sorry." His apology doesn't sound sincere.

"So?"

James grins down at me, raising a brow. "I think someone is waiting for you."

"What? Who's here?" I ask.

Did Kim change her mind and went to the club without telling us?

"Turn around." He grabs my shoulders and turns me in the opposite direction.

I scan the area for a familiar face, squinting my eyes, landing on the blonde woman who looks at me with fierce green eyes.

The sight makes my mouth run dry as I take in her black dress that hugs her figure perfectly and curled hair that falls over her bare shoulders.

But the outfit only reminds me of the fact that she dressed up like that for someone else. I swallow hard, grabbing James' drink out of his hand and drowning the liquid down. James gives me a weird look as I push the now empty glass in his hand and storm off.

How dare she come here interrupting my night out with friends.

I stomp in her direction, eyes never leaving hers as I swallow hard, angers pounding through my veins. Her gaze is hard, eyes staring at me coldly. Clenching my jaw, I stop in front of her, crossing my arms.

I stare at her blankly. "What do you want?"

"We need to talk."

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is only a short chapter because I'm on vacation and got sick right at the start :/ There will probably be another short chapter on Sunday but after the vacation I hope that I'll have more time to write.

Until then, I hope you have a great day/night.