Lifeline

"so what did you do next?"

Hyejin asked. Her laugh echoed in entire room like a melody. Sara was telling her childhood story about a guy who misunderstood young Sara as his guy friend and snapped her back head unknowingly.

"Off course he regretted doing that to me..."

Sara said confidently because she actually beat that guy till he got knocked out and didn't walk properly till the last day of their trip.

Hyejin POV

Instead of going out today, I suggested to Sara that maybe we both should stay in the hotel room and play few games as we were both really tiered. Honestly, I just wanted to know everything about this crazy person I actually fall for. Damn I couldn't believe myself when those three words came out of me the other day.

I suggested a game which I was used to play with Wheein when we were younger.

It's really simple one, we have to make equal amount of chits writing anything we want to know about our opponent and with a card game, winner will get a chance to pick one chit and read it out loud to the other one who will be the one to answer it.

Off course I won first round and question was

one embarrassing thing from childhood?

Where sara told me about a guy who misunderstood her as his guy friend.

I hope that guy is still alive though. Also, I didn't know this lady could have a gangster side too.

I sorted the cards again and we proceed to round 2...

But this time Sara won the round....aish!! I was nervous with what question will that be?

She picked one and started reading,

"what is it that you're afraid of the most?", she said

I really don't want to talk about my fears. I don't know but talking about it always makes me anxious and I feel like running away somewhere alone.

But I can't cheat so somehow I managed myself after getting a assuring look from sara. She confronted me that it's okay if want to change the question but I wanted her to know so I started talking....

"So, I was 14. Living with my parents in Jeonju. We were having birthday party of my father that day. We almost invited everyone from our neighborhood, all of our relatives and my friends off course. Also, I wanted to do something special for my father. So knowing that he loves to sing, I decided to sing a song for him in front of everyone.

For the first time I was going to sing Infront of so many people actually. I was nervous but I also wanted my father to feel happy on his birthday. So when everyone was settled after cake cutting for chit chat, I gathered everyone's attention and announced that I have something prepared for dad."

As I was near to the moment, I was getting anxious. My voice wasn't really helping me to speak further. I felt like one more word and there I will break down into tears again remembering that worst night. But when I felt Sara's hand holding mine. And she looked at me with those assuring eyes. Suddenly everything started feeling.....just right.

"so after I got everyone's attention, I started singing one of my dad's song which actually pleased everyone but suddenly I got so nervous with those constantly staring eyes of everyone, I didn't realize that my voice started cracking already. and the serious song turned into laughing comedy just in seconds. I felt so embarrassed that I just wanted to be disappeared from the situation. I wanted to run away but my feet were too numbed to move even a inch."