𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲

𝗲𝗰𝗹𝗶𝗽𝘀𝗲: 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗹

AIMEE AND BELLA HASTILY made their way to the Cullen house to tell the coven about the imposter.

"Who was it? Someone we know?" Carlisle asks.

"A stranger. I didn't recognise the scent." Aimee sighs. Bella was in danger again.

"A nomad passing by?" Esme suggests.

"A passerby would have left Bella's father alive."

Soon Jasper and Emmett join the vampires and Bella in the living room. "The scent disappeared about five miles south of Bella's house."

"Someone's orchestrating this" Carlisle realises.

"Victoria?" The human guesses.

"I would have seen her decide" Alice argues, sitting beside Bella.

"It has to be the Volturi" Aimee says, trusting Alice.

"I don't think it's the Volturi either. I've been watching Aro's decisions, too."

"So we keep looking"

"We'll also take shifts guarding Bella at her house." Carlisle orders.

"Another protection deal?!" Rosalie scoffs. "Rosalie" Carlisle scolds.

"No, she's right. You can't protect me; watch my dad and search for the intruder." Bella agrees.

"And for Victoria" Rosalie cuts in.

"And keep yourselves fed." Bella finishes.

Aimee shakes her head and steps closer to Bella "I'm not leaving you here defenceless."

"Well, I'm not gonna let you starve. And o wouldn't be unprotected. I'd have..."

"What, love?" Aimee questions.

|______________|

The next day Aimee visited Bella's house to see if Jacob black could recognise the strangers scent.

"Whoever it was, he left his stink behind. It'll be hard to miss when we cross it again. We'll handle it from here" the werewolf says firmly.

"We don't need you to handle anything. Or anyone"

"I couldn't care less what you need." Jake spits.

Not wanting to further upset Bella Aimee sighs and steps back "alright, we're done here"

"No! You're done here!" Jake yells. Aimee sarcastically chuckles. She bites the inside of her cheek "what are you? Twelve?" She asks. The boy was so immature.

"Stop! I'm tired of this. From now on I'm Switzerland, okay?" Bella interjects, although it was clear her words were directed at Aimee.

|______________|

"What's your problem?!" Bella asks as she and Aimee enter her room.

"My problem?! Bella, that mutt is the only one causing a problem." Aimee begins.

"He's just trying to protect me!"

"Bella! I'm engaged to you. Not him." Aimee exclaims.

"I know!" Bella's voice raises.

"Then why are you acting like he is the one marrying you? Why do you only let him protect you? Why is he the one you defend!"

"Aimee-" Bella says softly but she's shortly lost for words when she has no excuse.

Aimee slowly nods, her lips pursed. "I will do anything to protect you, even if it kills me. But I can't watch you be with him. It's too painful. Because I know that deep down you're in love with him." Aimee explains.

"I'm going to go. I'll have Emmett take you to Jacob tomorrow"

|______________|

Aimee hated the idea of working with Jacob. But it wasn't about rivalry anymore. It was about Bella's safety and Charlie's.

In the days that followed Bella at least got the vampires and werewolves to work together. The wolves took over so the Cullens could hunt. It wasn't exactly an easy alliance.

|______________|

"So how come Aimee isn't dropping you off?" Emmett questions as he reverses out of Bella's drive way.

Bella, who was sat beside him looked out the window "it's complicated" she mutters.

Emmett just waits for her to explain. Surprisingly, the vampire loved gossip. He would later go onto sharing it with Rose.

"She hates me." Bella whispers, tears forming in her eyes. Emmett frowns "you do know that's impossible, right?"

"She thinks I'm in love with Jake"

Emmett chuckles "aren't you?"

When Bella turns to give him a cold look he quickly shuts up and focuses back on the road.

"I do love him. And I could see how that would hurt Aimee, but the only person I would choose to spend the rest of my life with is her.."

"I think you need to tell her that" Emmett suggests and he comes to a stop in front of Jacob Black's car.

"I'll see you tomorrow Bella" he grins.

The human nods with a small smile and makes her way to the werewolf's car.

"Bye Emmett"

|______________|