Ch. 51 - tingle

A/N: so... I've had really bad writers block lately, hence the late update. I promise I'm not going to leave the book unfinished, but my updates might be a bit slower until I get back into it. I don't want to compromise the quality of my writing so I'm not going to try to rush it. I hope that's okay.
Have fun reading!

Aizawa POV

I look back to Nemuri and Hizashi. They nod at me and I focus my attention on Shinso again.

"I'm going to go scout ahead. Stay with Midnight and Present Mic. If I give a signal you can follow but stay behind them." My voice was deathly quiet, and I hoped it held no room for argument.

I got a nod in response from Shinso before I moved ahead.

"Stop crying, it's pissing me off. I'm giving you thirty seconds to answer."

My heart leaps to my stomach. Izuku might be on the other side of this wall. What happens at the end of the thirty seconds?

"No, please! We can't afford it! We'll give you whatever you want but we don't have the money! Please don't hurt her!" Someone sobs, and it sounds like they're speaking over a phone, quiet and broken up despite the obvious yelling. Confusion graces my features.

A muffled whimper flows through my ears, and I shift closer to peek in through one of the windows. Immediately I feel myself slipping into that familiar urge to help. Every good hero has it.

A man is standing near the center of the warehouse, holding a young girl —probably a few years younger than my students— to his chest. At first glance it looks like he's holding a small knife up to her throat but upon closer inspection it seems to be his finger, which has taken the form of a knife. Must be his quirk.

"Fifteen seconds!"

"No, leave her out of this. It's us you want!"

My eyes snap over to an old wooden table where a phone lies. I motion for the three behind me to get over here, using my capture gear to swing myself into the building and up onto one of the rafters by the ceiling unnoticed.

I erase the mans quirk and he panics for a moment as his finger turns back to normal. Thank goodness it wasn't a permanent mutation quirk, or we would have been in a much worse situation.

"What the hell?! What's wrong with my quirk?!" He stumbles back, temporarily loosening his grip on the girl. It's long enough for my husband to rush in and tackle him down. Nemuri is right behind him, ready to help, but I keep my eyes on the man. I'd be pissed if he cut Hizashi.

Nemuri holds her wrist up to the man's face while Zashi holds him down, pulling back on her sleeves as she lets a bit of her quirk out. The man is passed out in no time and I finally blink, tearing my eyes away to look at Shinso who's gone over to comfort the little girl and has started guiding her to the phone. Two people are yelling frantically on the other end. They're probably the girl's parents. I hop down to join Shinso and the shaking child, picking up the phone.

"Hi, this is pro hero EraserHead speaking, your daughter is safe, and we've apprehended the man that had her."

"Oh thank goodness! Thank you so much, i-is my baby there? Can I talk to her?" A woman's voice asks, and she sniffles.

I can vaguely hear a man in the background who seems to be in the same position.

"Yeah, I'll hand the phone over to her. We're gonna walk her over to the Musutafu police station and you can pick her up from there. The police might need to ask you a few questions but you won't have to stay long."