Ch. 5

A/N: I'm late I'm sorry! And also it's sort of short. I can't make any promises but I'll try to update tomorrow as well to make up for it!

Shinso's POV
Aizawa and I nod mutely while his mother responds with a 'yes'.

"He woke up-"

"Can I see him?" Okay, so maybe she was a still a bit more stressed than I thought.

"We had to put him back under, but if you would still like to see him then you can follow me." Miss Midoriya stands up quickly, ready to follow him in, but I want to know why he had to be put back to sleep. It seems like Aizawa was thinking the same thing as he stops the doctor.

"Wait, why was he put back under?" The doctors eyes widens and his posture straightens as he pushes up his rectangular glasses.

"Oh, yes. When he woke up he went into a full blown panic attack and began ripping at his bandages and hair. We couldn't get him to calm down and his heart rate was spiking, so for his safety we had to. It wasn't a very strong dosage but because of the previous events today he will probably sleep through the night. It might be helpful to calm him down if someone he knows is there when he wakes up, but visitors cannot stay overnight. You would have to come early in the morning."

"I'm a pro hero." Aizawa says.

The doctor seems surprised, before answering.

"Oh, well in that case... I believe heroes are permitted to stay overnight if they have a valid reason, and because of his condition, it would be smart to have someone in the room overnight incase something happened and he woke up."

Aizawa nodded curtly, before his gaze traveled to me.

"Would my apprentice be able to join me?"

"Ah, i'm not sure. I can make a few calls, but I can't promise anything."

He nods again.

I look to miss Midoriya who's standing there playing with her hands, nervously looking between the doctor and Aizawa. She really does remind me of her son.

"Well if that is all, I can take you to his room now, Miss."

-Later-

Midoriya's mom left the room with a sad smile on her face as she waved goodbye to Aizawa and I, leaving the hospital. The doctor from before pulled out a phone and called a number. He talked back and forth with them for a while, before holding the phone away from his mouth and speaking to us.

"I'm sorry, but your apprentice cannot stay here overnight. Letting you stay alone is already stretching the rules." Yeah, I expected that. It's still disappointing though. I'm about to say goodbye to Aizawa and call my mom to let her know I'm on my way home, but to my surprise he speaks first, and not to me.

"Can I speak to them for a moment?" He asks the doctor, holding his hand out.

The doctor hands him the phone and he walks to the other side of the waiting room to speak. I can't really hear what he's saying, but soon he's walking back and hands the phone back to the doctor.

He exchanges a few more words with the person on the phone before hanging up and looking at Aizawa incredulously.

"Both you and your apprentice can stay overnight. There's a good cafe across the street if either of you get hungry or want something other than water. If you need anything, please feel free to press the call button in his room. Have a good night." He says awkwardly, before turning around and swiftly leaving.

What did Aizawa do?

He looks at me with a knowing glint in his eye and I could have sworn I saw a smirk.

"Let's go get some coffee, shall we?"

614 words.