Ch. 7 - safe

A/N: another chapter!

⚠️trigger warning⚠️ :
Midoriya shows signs of a victim of abuse throughout the chapter. It's not going to be entirely accurate, because I'm not an expert on this topic, and naturally, since this is a ShinDeku book, Midoriya is going to be a lot more comfortable around Shinso than he probably would if this was a real situation. That being said,
Have fun reading!

Deku POV
     I wake up from a dream of the guy with patches on his face burning me with his hands. My hands fly up in instinct to protect my face. I open my eyes expecting to be in the dark room but panic when the ground beneath me doesn't feel like the uneven stone I'm used to. It doesn't feel like the ground at all. I'm not in the room. I see a door and a tv and I'm on a bed. I see a window and a man sitting there. Oh no. Not another person. Please. And it looks like Aizawa this time. My eyes are wet with tears, a feeling I'm well acquainted to by now. I forget I'm on the bed as I scramble backwards, trying to get away from him.

     The hand that's supporting me slips off the edge of the bed and I think I'm going to fall but a hand grabs my arm. All five fingers are being used so it's not the man with blue hair, my arm isn't burning so it's not the one with patches, and it's too big to be Toga's but I don't struggle at all. The sooner I submit the lighter the punishment.

     I just want it all to stop. I don't wanna hurt anymore.

     I'm being pulled forward and it takes everything in me to not shield myself from the blow that I'm sure is coming.

     "Hey, look at me, you're safe here." The voice is so soft and comforting. I don't wanna be tricked anymore. But I can't disobey either. Reluctantly, I look up, wondering if I'll get in trouble for looking him in the eyes.

     "Sh...sh...Shin-so?" Didn't I see him before? Did he save me? Is that why I'm not in that room anymore? Or is this another elaborate plan to hurt me?

     "Yeah, it's me. I'm not gonna hurt you, okay?" He sounds so sincere. I don't care if he's fake, I want comfort, even if it's only temporary.

     I grasp his shirt, laying my head against his chest. He pulls me closer, gently. It's so warm. Tears fall freely down my face. I forgot what this felt like.

     "Thank y-yo-you." Against my will, my eyes begin closing again.

     The next time I wake up I feel a familiar hand holding my own, and when I look over, Shinso is asleep.

     He didn't leave me.

     When I spot Aizawa in the room I audibly swallow, fighting the urge to try and run. If Shinso is real, then Aizawa must be real too. I think. Maybe. As if sensing a pair of eyes on him, Aizawa opens his, immediately looking in my direction. His harsh stare makes me flinch, curling closer to Shinso who's still asleep.

     Aizawa softens his eyes, something I didn't think possible for him, giving me a small smile.

     "You're awake." He says quietly. "How are you feeling?"

     I don't respond, just in case it's a trick and he's looking for a reason to punish me. Plus, my throat really hurts.

     Aizawa stands, and I shuffle further away from him on the bed. My movement wakes up Shinso who stares at me through squinted eyes.

     "Oh, Midoriya. You're awake." He says. I choose not to respond. He awkwardly rubs the back of his neck with his free hand.

     The door to the room opens and someone i don't know walks in.