Dishonest

Jake's pov

I knew his sickness was getting worse but not the point where he slides down a wall and passes out. I quickly picked him up and checked his pulse which, thankfully, he was still alive.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do.. I mean maybe I could..? No.. I can take care of him myself. Maybe then he'll forgive me...

I quickly ran towards the exit that was closest to us since there was no way I was letting the nurse touch him. What could they do anyway? This is between us.

I left the school and ran through the woods going the only place I knew he'd be okay. I rushed up the hill into my house and laid him on my sofa. Now I really don't know what to do...

What do people do when someone is sick in the movies? Wet towel? Soup? Whatever.

I rushed to the bathroom to get towel and started to wet it.

*Nathan's pov*

I wasn't sure if I was fully awake but I feel a lot of movement. Well I guess I am awake if I can feel but I can't open my eyes...

After a few minutes of me trying to pry them open I started smell something really good. I don't think it's food either..

That woke me right up.

I was going to sit up but I see a hand wiping my forehead. I followed the hand to the person and it was Jake with his eyebrows furrowed. Why is he wiping my forehead and why does it feel so aggravated?

It's like his smell is surrounding me...

I'm in his house aren't I?

I reached up and grabbed his hand and slowly sat up.

"You can stop now."

"Nathan! How do you feel?"

I placed my hand on my forehead to soothe the skin.

"I feel fine other than you trying to rub my skin off."

"Sorry.. I didn't know what to do."

"Clearly."

I stood up and looked around

"What are you doing?"

"I'm leaving."

He stood up from his stool that was in front of me

"You can't leave now."

"I said I'm fine."

"Yeah for now but what if you pass out again? Don't be irrational. Us being close helps to reduce the sickness."

"Us being close will lead to something that I clearly stated I don't want to do."

He grabbed my wrist gently which kind took me off guard especially with the sparks riding up my arm.

"None of that is in my mind right now. I just want to know you're safe so please stay?"

I accidentally stared into his eyes again and groaned. I pulled my wrist from his hands and crossed my arms.

"Fine just stop caring, it's weird."

"Sure."

He smiled and I sat back down on his couch. It's unsettling to see him being so worried and caring towards me. I definitely wasn't use to this and I don't think I ever will be. He pushed away the stool and sat next to me which I just got up and sighed. It's really quiet and I'm already tired of this awkward atmosphere.