sixteen

| real life |

sadie and addelyn were rushing across ava millers yoga studio, attempting to help the woman set up for her afternoon classes. sadie hadn't spoken to her best friend since their facetime that morning, but now she was on a full mission.

"are we gonna talk about it?" the blonde speaks, looking at her friend as they set the yoga mats in place. the brunette next to her simply just gums in response. "you know, you sleeping with ben?"

"there's nothing to talk about sadie, it was a good time." addelyn rolls her eyes, moving to grab a couple more mats.

sadie lets out an internal groan as she followed her friend like a lost puppy. "okay then let's talk about something else. how about you tell me why you're ignoring dylan?"

addie's head turned so fast she almost gave herself whiplash, causing a sense of pride to grow within sadie at how well she had caught her off guard.

"how did you know i was avoiding him?"

"so you are!"

"fuck." addelyn groans, plopping herself down on the mat she had just laid out.

sadie looks down at the girl sadly, suddenly a lot more worried than proud as she slides down next to her. "addie, what's going on?"

"you were right, sades."

"i'm actually right about a lot of things, please specify."

"don't be a dick." the brunette laugh, shoving her friend playfully. "i'm talking about what you said when you facetimed me. i don't want to say it out loud because i'm scared of it being real."

"you know you have nothing to be afraid of, right?"

"i can never know that for sure though! it'll never count until it comes directly from him and i can't bring myself to make the first move."

before the conversation could progress any further, addelyns mother made her way out to where the girls were sat, eyebrows furrowed at the sight. "no one told me we were having girl talk!"

the woman rushes over to where they are and sits on addelyns other side, the brunette now squished between the two women.

"ava, please tell addie to stop being such a wimp." sadie says.

the older woman narrows her eyes at her daughter. "why are you being a wimp? i didn't raise you to be a pussy, addie."

"oh my god, mum!" addie's head falls into her hands, yet another groan leaving her. "sadie, i thought we were done talking about this."

"we'll be done talking about it when you admit your feelings, addelyn."

"oh!" ava perks, eyes widening. "are we talking about that gorgeous boy? dylan, was it?"

addelyns face morphs into one of disgust. "please don't ever call him gorgeous again. ever."

"i'm not wrong, love."

"she really isn't." sadie agrees.

addelyns head stays pushed into her palms as she listens to her best friend spill everything she knew about the pair to her mother. including the fact that she had seen ben and was now avoiding dylan, making addie want to shrink further away from them.

"addelyn, just tell him. you have nothing to lose." her mother advises, a soft smile on her face.

however, her daughter rapidly shakes her head. "there's a lot to lose! so much to lose, in fact, that i couldn't name it all. i don't wanna lose him, mum. for all i know, he could get angry and stop speaking to me forever and then i'd have to quit to show and i'll be jobless then i'll be broke and-"

sadie had had enough of the rambling and aggressively smacked her palm across her best friends mouth, successfully shutting her up. "what if i told you that i knew for a fact he liked you?"

"then i'd tell you again that i wouldn't believe it unless he told me himself."

"even if i told you he told me himself?"

"he has to tell me, not you."

ava interrupts their conversation yet again by suddenly clapping her hands together excitedly. "i have an idea! why don't you invite him to come stay for a couple days?"

"what?" addie asks, confused as to where this was coming from. she always thought that whenever her mother invited her friend around that she was just being nice.

"get him to fly over! it'll give you guys a chance to hang out for a couple days. you can show him around town and patch things up with him."

sadie nods her head in agreement. "maybe he'll take it as a sign and finally make a move! you can't expect anything to happen when you're in stalemate, addie."

"show him you're willing to make the effort, love."

addelyn was harshly biting her lip as she took it all in. they were right. she knew they were right, but she still wasn't sure if she could do this. she wasn't sure she could handle being in a relationship with him, even though she wanted nothing more.

"i'll text him." she decides, cheers erupting from the women on both sides of her. "but if it goes wrong, i'm blaming it all on the pair of you."

MAYA SPEAKS
it's been a while since we've seen my girl addie
how's everyone doing today?
lmk if u have any predictions for the next couple chapters! i'm excited to see what u guys think happens

as always, stay safe and stay hydrated! <3