nineteen

| messages |

what r u doingi'm very boredmum fell asleep and left me

what r u doing
i'm very bored
mum fell asleep and left me

yk i'm like 30 paces away from u?
and why is ur mom asleep at 10pm

wait
first of all, it's mum*
second of all, i deadass forgot ur here

really feeling the appreciation
lord help u addelyn miller

shut up
i'm coming round

ew no
ur loud

i've got wine

bring snacks too and it's a deal

u got it

| real life |

as promised, addelyn had grabbed a basket of snacks and rounded the house to get to the guest home in their yard where dylan was staying. she pushing the door open using her hip, finding the man lounging across the couch with the tv open in front of him.

upon further inspection, she finds that he was watching 'married at first sight', one of her mothers favorite pastime reality shows. a snort involuntarily leaves her, catching dylan's attention who now finally turns her way.

"what on earth are you doing?" she speaks through her laughter, approaching him and setting down the snacks on the coffee table.

dylan lets out a laugh of his own before reaching over to grab a bag of chips. "it's actually an entertaining show."

"i think i finally know why mum likes you so much."

"nah, i'm just a very likable guy."

"yeah, of course you are."

the sarcasm was quite evident in her tone as she got up to grab a couple wine glasses from the small kitchenette while he resumed watching the show. the pair had sat on the couch for almost two whole hours watching reruns of the show.

"there is no way this shit isn't staged." addie speaks through a fit of giggles halfway through their fourth episode.

"i can't imagine wanting to marry a random stranger." dylan agrees, eyes falling on her figure. "imagine just rocking up to the alter and it's your cousin or something."

the statement only sent her into a more hysterical fit, forcing her to take a few deep breaths in order to speak again. "some people do actually marry their cousins though."

"you won't be catching me doing that!"

"okay what if you rocked up and it was me?" she asks cautiously, partly joking and partly trying to see where he stands.

dylan's gaze softens as he looks at her, his smile brightening yet he was still unsure of what he was supposed to say. "i'm definitely running away then."

addelyn laughs along, shoving his shoulders slightly as the show continues to play in the background. "i'd probably marry you." she speaks boldly, the wine taking its effect on her.

the mans breath hitches for a second, clearly more aware of her choice of words than she was at the moment. he clears his throat before deciding to speak, "i'd probably marry you too."

"good answer, o'brien."

the girl chuckles as she picks herself off the couch, grabbing the now empty bottle of wine and their two glasses and stats to head over to the kitchen. dylan stands to follow as well, not wanting to lose her company so quick.

"don't tell me you're calling it a night already." he partly jokes, wanting her to stay for a little longer.

"you know how i get with wine." she chuckles, "i'll be knocked out within the hour."

before he had the chance to laugh along, her grip falters on one of the wine glasses, causing it to shatter across the kitchen floor. dylan was by her side in a second, crouching to move the glass away from her bare feet.

addelyn quickly sets down the remaining glass, grabs a towel and leans down to help him. she pulls all the glass shards into the towel, wrapping them up and tossing them into the trash.

"ah, shit." dylan curses, holding his finger tightly. turning, addelyn immediately spots the blood seeping through the cut on his finger.

"oh my god." she exclaims, hurrying towards him. "i'm so sorry. there's a first aid kit in the bathroom, we should get that cleaned up."

without waiting for a response, addie starts to drag him through the small house and into the bathroom. she lets go of his hand as they enter and she grabs the small box from under the sink.

he stands patiently, waiting for her to set up what she needs, his face morphing into confusion. the cut wasn't that serious, he could've slapped a bandaid on it all by himself. but he will admit, he liked the feeling of her fawning over him like this.

she perches herself on the counter and pulls him closer, picking up the sanitizer and getting to work. he watched her careful fingers move across his skin, her tongue sticking out slightly in concentration as she wraps the cut.

addelyn keeps hold of his hand for a few extra seconds, liking the feeling of his skin against her own. dylan took that as a sign to move closer, his body settling between her legs and his other hand resting beside her on the counter.

looking up, she finally notices how close they are and how intently he's looking at her. "i should...um, probably get to bed." she speaks quietly.

"if you want to, yeah." he replies just as quietly, neither of them moving from their positions.

that was until his head started moving towards her own. she didn't know what had gotten into her, but suddenly she was pulling away and jumping off the counter. dylan was stunned by the sudden action, causing him to freeze in place and simply watched as she made her way out.

"goodnight!" she calls, leaving behind nothing but the echoing of her footsteps and the slam of the door in her wake.

and a now very confused dylan with a racing heart.

MAYA SPEAKS
i'm literally so mean to u guys it's kind of funny
but hey! we're kind of getting somewhere now

how's everyone doing lately?
how're my muslims holding up with ramadan?

i for one am very tired, the mix of fasting and uni along with all my coursework submission being the same week is not good for me at all

as always, stay safe and stay hydrated! <3