CHAPTER EIGHT

“So you were the son of a chaebol who got blamed for a crime he did not commit? Wow

“So you were the son of a chaebol who got blamed for a crime he did not commit? Wow.” Suhyeon sighed in amusement. It was a big scandal a few years ago, even if his family name weren’t mentioned by the media. Then, she removed her head from Hyunjae’s shoulder and touches his jaw to turn his head in her direction.

“Hyunjae, what happened was an accident. You weren’t under the influence of any substance and you weren’t behind the wheel. Yes, you got scared, and that is completely normal.” Suhyeon asserted, watching at Hyunjae’s eyes while he was drowning in her gaze.

Hyunjae has fallen deep.

And everyone can notice it, except maybe, Suhyeon. Even Suhyeok can see it.

Like literally.

He is just outside the recording studio, squeezing himself into the right corner of the mirror just to have a better sight of what his younger sister was doing together with Hyunjae.

Hyunjae pursed his lips into a smile, “Do you still want to be my friend?” He asked.

“Are you seriously asking that? Of course! Besides, it wasn’t your fault. None of it was your fault.” Suhyeon responded as a smile plastered on her face, a little bit disappointed with his question.

“I’m glad to hear that.” Hyunjae sighed before forcing a smile. It wasn’t the answer that he expected because it wasn’t supposed to be the question he would be answering. “Suhyeon, I wanted to say that I—”

Hyunjae rolls his eyes as he was interrupted by the door opening without a warning from the person behind the door.

Hey, lovebirds! Would you like to make yourself useful and help us create an improvised toilet bowl?”

It was Wujin.

Hyunjae and Suhyeon did not answer instantly as Wujin looked away before he began to talk again. “Suhyeon.” He whispered, “Just know that your brother has been glancing at you two ever since you entered the room.” He declared openly, grinning from ear to ear.