Chapter 8

Greylee

Today is the most dreadful day ever today is Thanksgiving. I know what you must be thinking why is Thanksgiving the most dreadful day ever well let me tell you. Thanksgiving is the day we're all my family comes over and they ask me all sorts of questions about my life like "Have you found a boyfriend yet?" "How is school going?" "What have you been reading lately?" "Have you thought about taking AP this" all these questions are why I consider Thanksgiving the most dreaded day ever?

"Greylee" that is also why I hate Thanksgiving my mom goes absolutely crazy for the holidays

"GREYLEE ASTRA MONTGOMERY GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW"

"I'M COMING MOM" I yell back

I grab my phone and head out of my room as I am walking down the stairs I hear my mom talking to someone but I don't know who.

I walk into the kitchen and stop dead in my tracks. I am shocked to see my dad here. I didn't think my dad was coming for Thanksgiving this year given that he has a new family and all.

"Dad" I say in complete shock

He turns his head, and as soon as he sees me he is out of his chair and is running to me. I am just standing there in complete shock. he hugs me so tight like he hasn't seen me in years and that is because he hasn't it has been a year since I have seen him a whole year, of course, we have texted and called here there but we have not seen each other in person in a year and I missed him so much.

Once he hugs me I am in shock at first but then I relax and hug him back and enjoy our embrace because I have missed his hugs. His hugs are the best whenever I was sad, anxious, or was crying I would always go to my dad for a hug because they would always cheer me up. Once my parent got divorced 2 years ago and he moved out of the house I missed his hugs constantly.

He pulls away first to get a good look at me and smiles at me

"I missed you so much Lee" dad says

"I missed you too dad"

"Greylee it's about time you came down. I need your help setting up everyone is going to be here in an hour so come and help me"

"Wait what are you wearing? Are you going to wear that when everyone comes over for Thanksgiving?"

"Yes ma"

"No, you can't wear that go back upstairs and actually get ready"

"Why can't I wear what I am wearing now?"

"Graylee you look like a mess you are wearing leggings and a hoodie and your hair is in a bun you look like you just woke up"

that's because I did just woke you.

"Okay mom I will go and actually get ready I say and put quotation marks when I say actually getting ready"

"Thank you Greylee"

♡︎♡︎♡︎

I am finally ready it only took me 20 minutes to get ready. I am wearing a white dress with blue flowers on it and it has a low cut that shows a little cleavage and has puffy sleeves on the shoulders

Greylee's dress

I think it is appropriate enough for thanksgiving

I think it is appropriate enough for thanksgiving. Once I think I look good enough I then head downstairs to help my mom.

Once I am downstairs I head straight to the kitchen to see what my mom needs help with

"Mom what do you need help with?"

"Ah, Greylee just in time. I need you to check on the turkey"

I go and check on the turkey and once I'm done checking on the turkey the doorbell goes off. "Can you get that Greylee?" "Yeah mom" I go to the door and open it and when I open it I see my cousin Ella

"OMG Greylee look how good you look. How have you been." "I-" I didn't get to finish my sentence cause she cut me off "I have been good. So I hope you have been good too" Ella says

Did I forget to mention Ella is super annoying and never shuts up? I invite her in and as soon as I close the door the doorbell goes off again Ella goes to see if my mom needs any help while I get the door.

I open the door and see my aunt and uncle and their kids and I look behind them and see more of my family ugh this is going to be a long day. I can already tell

♡︎♡︎♡︎

Thanksgiving just ended in my house and let's just say it was long and crazy at this point I just want to get in bed and go to sleep.

I tell my parents good night and tell my dad to have a safe drive home after I do that I head upstairs and go to my room. Once I'm in my room I grab some clothes and then go to my bathroom then I undress and get in the shower.

Once I'm down with my shower I get dressed take off the makeup I forgot to take off before I got in the shower brush my teeth and then get into bed

As I am dozing off I hear something hitting my window. I just think it's the rain so I just choose to ignore it but that doesn't work because it just keeps going. So I get up to check what it is. I open the window and see Luca throwing rocks at my window. I open the window and as soon as I open the window a rock hits me in the face.

"Ow"

"I'm so sorry Greylee"

"It's fine Luca. What are you even doing here anyway?"

"I'm here to pick you up. So came down here"

"Wait you are here to pick me up at 1 in the morning"

"Hmmm so hurry up and get down here I don't have all day"

"Okay okay I am coming"

"I grab a hoodie and head downstairs. I open the door and see Luca."

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise"

♡︎♡︎♡︎
Authors note:

Word Count:1,048