Chapter Thirty-Eight

"I told you to take it easy with her, Jasmine doesn't do anything half assed Aztec" Arron yelled.

"I didn't think she would be able to connect with her dragon, I thought the most would be the start of her wings, honestly" Aztec said.

I was going to tell them I was fine but laying here with my eyes closed listening to them was in a way, entertaining.

I know that's bad but sometimes the only way I could find things out was when they thought I could not hear them. A trick I learned early on.

"If there is anything wrong with her, you will pay for it" Evan said with a deadly tone, one that I had never heard him use before.

Call me shocked with that one. I have to watch him more closely, that man is hiding things, I thought.

I could smell Thomas; his scent was of the sea. He was close to me. "I know you are awake my love" he barely whispered into my ear.

I peeked open one eye and saw him half lying next to me. He winked; I was trying so hard not to smile at him but damn it.

"If you guys want to keep arguing, can you take it outside?" I grumbled. The bed dipped as three extremely heavy bodies sat on the bed.

I opened my eyes looking at everyone staring at me, "I'm okay guys, really I am" I said sitting up.

"Are you sure you are okay love?" Duke asked, holding my hand.

"I'm sure, it was just a lot to take in all at once and I guess my body just needed some time to regroup is all" I said, squeezing Duke's hand.

"I am sorry Jasmine; I didn't know you would be able to do that on your first try" Aztec said bowing.

"Aztec" I reached for his hand.

He put his hand in mine, "everything is okay, I gave her the okay to take over, you had nothing to do with it" I said smiling up at him.

I wanted him to know that he was not at fault, he did not know what to expect, just like none of us did when I started to tap into the bloodlines.

"The ancient queen is strong in your blood; it is as if she has reincarnated with you" Aztec said.

"That would explain why she can do everything right off the bat," Thomas said, sitting next to me. Our shoulders were touching, and it felt good having them all around me.

"I'm hungry," I said.

"See, she is always wanting to stuff her face," Evan said.

I looked up at him and smiled. I was going to give a remark, but I was saving it for when he at least expected it.

Paybacks were a bitch, and he was going to get his one day.

"No remark? She hit her head harder than we thought" Evan said standing up.

"No, it's just that comment wasn't worth one of my golden remarks, try harder next time dear boy" I said and stuck my tongue out at him.

Everyone started to laugh, "yep, our little queen is perfect" Arron said, helping me stand up.

We went downstairs and into the kitchen. Duke and Evan started to cook dinner for all of us.

I went into the family room and claimed my spot on the couch with Arron on one side and Thomas on the other. I flipped on the television, and we agreed on a comedy.

I was sandwiched between two of my mates and it felt good to have them with me. I was craving both, now to work out how I was going to do this.

Maybe one day but for now I am just going to sit back and enjoy them both sitting next to me.