~ School's out ~

Elaine sighed, flipping through the pages of her book

Elaine sighed, flipping through the pages of her book. She blew a loose strand of brown hair from her face, constantly glancing back at the clock on the wall. It was the last period of the day, history class. And, let's just say long and painful was an understatement. She flipped yet another page of Hamlet, the book transporting her to another dimension.

In what felt like another world, Elaine was suddenly snapped back to reality when a chubby boy tripped as he stood hesitantly in front of her. Ben Hanscom, known around town as the new kid, smiled sadly. "H-Hey, you think you could sign it?" Ben asked nervously, his hand rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh, me?" Elaine questioned, looking around. She thought maybe he'd been asking someone else. You see, Elaine didn't necessarily have very many friends around Derry. Plus, as much as Ben seemed like a nice guy, she didn't necessarily consider him as her friend. He laughed, "Who else would I have been asking?" With this, Elaine nodded and grabbed her pink feathered pen.

She began to write a message on the page. To be honest, Elaine didn't necessarily think anyone noticed her. Other than The Losers, of course, her best friends. Being quite shy for her age didn't particularly help either, she was considered to be nothing but a wallflower in these halls.

Unlike most students in Derry, Elaine chose to observe rather than to get involved, to watch rather than to help, and to keep it to herself rather than to tell others. You can probably tell by now, the short girl was clearly afraid of confrontation, which wasn't ideal since she got picked on almost everyday.

Henry Bowers, the school bully and his gang of friends tormented The Losers any chance they got. Walking to the bathroom, watch out, don't want to end up with your head in the toilet. Made yourself a nice lunch, beware, that's Henry's lunch now. Sure, Elaine had gotten used to it, but still, sometimes she wished it would stop.

The shrill sound of the bell echoed through the class, inside cheers and hoorays could be heard from a mile away. Jumping to her feet, Elaine handed Ben his yearbook back with a smile. She quickly shoved her books in her pink backpack, wanting to catch the boys before they left to go outside.

Leaving, she almost didn't hear Ben behind her, "Bye Elaine," He waved, a large grin across his face. "Bye Ben, see you around." She smiled back weakly. As the last person in class, Ben took a seat and starred at her perfect handwriting. He was happy he'd finally found someone who hadn't tried to pick on him like the rest of the kids who lived in this shitty town.

For once, someone had finally just been nice to him, and not as a joke. You make History class a little less torturous, hope you have a safe summer ~ Elaine Fitz <3 In the busy school hallway's, Elaine dodged the many groups of kids, her eyes peeled for her own group of friends.

She sighed, they must've already gone outside. Pushing open the heavy doors Elaine ran down the steps and soon spotted the four boys by a trash can. She skipped over, joining Richie, Eddie, Stanley and Bill. The Losers. She'd been friends with them since the third grade, introduced by Richie, her best friend who she'd known basically her whole life.