~ Home sweet home ~

Elaine and Richie waved, saying goodbye to their friends as they biked off into a nearby street

Elaine and Richie waved, saying goodbye to their friends as they biked off into a nearby street. The two lived quite close to each other, only a few blocks away to be specific. Maybe that's why they hung out so much? "You staying tonight?"
Elaine questioned, pedalling forward. Richie smirked at her words, "You asking to sleep with me, Lainey?" But, it wasn't like that.

Richie just had a strange obsession with making crude jokes. In reality, Elaine knew Richie had an exceptionally hard time at home, that being the reason why she'd ask him to stay so often. He usually slept over and would hide away at the Fitzgerald residence for weeks, distancing himself from home as much as he could.

His father would hit him, leaving bruises and gashes all over his pale and lanky body. Only Elaine knew, the others only had small suspicions. I mean, they couldn't exactly deny that it was abnormal for Richie to show up with cuts all over. So, Richie stayed with Elaine, her parents rarely home, so the company was needed by both.

She rolled her eyes at him. "Oh shut it, Rich." "I'm just playing with you Fitz, how could I turn down that offer?" The two continued to pedal till they finally arrived, lazily throwing their bikes onto the lawn. Richie soon opened the front door, sprinting to the kitchen, more known as his personal favourite part of the house. "Home sweet home." He hummed, opening the fridge.

Elaine trailed behind him, stifling a chuckle through he sarcastic words, "Oh yeah, feel free to make yourself at home," Richie only ignored her words, enjoying himself as he grinned with a mouth full of food. Oh, he was at home alright. Elaine shook her head and walked up the stairs, going to her room to change.

She left the boy in her kitchen to eat, knowing that when she got back, the fridge would most likely be empty. "You have Eggos!" She heard Richie exclaim from downstairs, probably eating the whole box. It made her happy to see him like this, he wasn't used to the luxury of having everything like she was.

Elaine didn't consider herself to be rich, though the Fitzgeralds were probably one of the wealthiest families in Derry. That didn't mean it was a good family though. Her parents were hardly ever home to appreciate it anymore. Well, since Chris, It had gotten worse. Always working to buy the next best thing.

Plus even when they were home, her own parents couldn't even bother to look at their own daughter half the time. It was like trying to talk to a brick wall. All they managed to see in her was her brother, which just made Elaine hate herself more. At first, she understood why they were distant but she assumed it would go back to normal one day. It's safe to say it never did.

It made Elaine sad to just think about it. So, Richie and Elaine enjoyed the house together instead. Who needed family when she had Richie there to distract her. He'd been her real family. Elaine threw on some pyjamas, the pink fabric making her blue eyes pop before quickly brushing her frizzy hair and running back down the steps.

Richie sat at the head of her long dining room table, eating a giant stack of Eggo waffles. Elaine grimaced at him, sitting on a chair beside the hungry boy. "You're a pig." He shrugged at her words, smirking as he passed over a fork. "One bite." She protested, the temptation taking over. "Who's the pig now?" He cackled, the two eating up the plate he'd made.