The Interview

"How did you do it?" Darla's quiet voice asks.

I pick up a strawberry and put it into my mouth. "All I did was what he said" I say as I gesture towards Axir.

Axir stares at me in horrified amazement. "Cedric, you-you really got a perfect twelve."

I nod "I know, I told you I would."

Everyone is quiet in stunned astonishment.

"I think this is great!" Quell laughs as he jumps up. "I knew you'd be famous! The designers were asking everyone who wanted to be the clothes designer for District 14 candidate and I said I would and they all thought I was stupid but look who's stupid now?!" He threw his head back in laughter.

"Are all boys from your district like you?" Darla asks, still surprised.

I shrug "Physically yes, but as pleasant? No ma'am" I get up. "I'm going to bed."

"Yes, but oh wait! In two days you have to do an interview!" Darla calls after me.

"Kay!" I call back as I get in my room and fall on the bed.

Well, Axir wanted me to get a twelve and I did it. It's going to make things harder now but whatever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Psst!" Someone whispers at me. I turn and see a girl in a pink dress. "Hey" She says.

"Why hello" I reply.

She smiles at me. I believe she was the one who tries to be good with a spear. "Is it true that you're actually super skilled?" I tilt my head and she bites her lip and looks away. "I mean, you have a twelve ranking. That means you're great."

"You know what I think?" I ask in a quieter whisper as I lean forward to her a little.

"What?" She asks as she leans in too.

I'm right beside her hear now as I say in a soft whisper "I think maybe they got it wrong."

Her eyes widen and I pull away then put my finger to her lip to keep her quiet.

She's blushing extremely hard now as I wink at her than turn away.

It's almost annoying how right the teachers at District 14 are about girls. All of them crumble under a casual flirt.

I wait in line for a long time and watch as people take their interviews with laughter and jokes. Even Katniss played along with their little game and showed off her flames. Peeta revealed his crush on Katniss too which was hilarious actually. As I passed Peeta to head up the stairs for my turn I see Katniss grab Peeta and slam him against the wall while yelling at him.

A smile twitches at my lips as I walk onto the stage. Screams and cheering fill my ears again as I look out at the crowd. Girls had banners with my name written over them. Goodness, this was over dramatic wasn't it?

"Cedric Mintz, good to have you on the show!" Caesar, the interviewing man laughs.

I shake his hand with a smile as he sits us both down.

"Wish I could say the same" I laugh.

Everyone laughs too and the insult goes over their heads.