Memories Suck

Rue wasn't too bad. I don't like hanging out with kids and Rue is a very annoyingly curious kid. She asks about everything. My District, my life, if I like Katniss, what I think of the Hunger Games, how I managed to survive for so long. Annoying stuff like that. Then again she wasn't talking about what she's gonna do when she finally meets the opposite sex or how she's going to kill me. 

But even though she wasn't horrible, I was ready to go by the second day of waiting around for Katniss to wake up.

I could have killed so many people by now.

"I'll be back." I grumble to Rue before I walk away. "I'm going to get food."

"Don't go far" She says. I look at her with an eyebrow raised "Please?"

I sigh and look up at the sky. Girls are so emotional!

I turn "I'll be around." I reassure her quickly before leaving.

I traveled around the forest, shooting animals and stuffing them in bags.

I get to the edge of the forest where there's a clearing a Cato and his group is surrounding a pile of food and supplies. Around it was an obvious mine field they had set up.

Frowning I turn and head back into the forest. I caught another rabbit but stopped when I felt the presence of another person.

I glance around then see Foxface ten yards away from me.

She had managed to slip out of my grasp the entire time. Not that I was hunting her but she was like one of those annoying thorns in my side.

I pull out another arrow and pull it back and aim at her.

I had a clear shot to her head but that's when she turned and saw me.

She looked like a dear as she froze and stared, knowing full well I could end her.

"Cedric!" I hear in the distance. It sounded like Rue.

I scowl at FoxFace but lower my bow and put my arrow away.

I look at FoxFace and hold up one finger, signaling that I was letting her go this one time.

She panted then turned and ran.

I watch her before running back to Rue.

It took me a few minutes but I broke through the brush and saw her and Katniss standing next to each other.

And here I thought Rue was being killed.

Katniss gasped and pulled back her arrow and aimed it at me.

I put my hands up and Rur quickly explains.

"Katniss no! He helped me save you!" She said quickly.

Katniss still didn't pull away.

She holds my eyes in her doubting grasp as I wait for her to realize I'm not here to kill her.

"Are we good?" I ask her.

She narrows her eyes at me then lowers her arrow.

I drop my hands and look at Rue.

"When did she wake up?" I ask.

"Just a few minutes ago." Rue says.

I nod at look at Katniss. "How do you feel?"

She shifts then frowns "As good as anyone can feel in this horrible place."

I snort them criuch down and start to make a fire for our rabbits.

"I know where Cato and his group are." I say as I prepare the rabbits and squirrels for dinner. "They had put all of the food and supplies in one pile that's surrounded by a mine field."