George Weasley - quiet fields

The wind was calming as it rushed through your hair. The ground soft beneath you. The grass ticking your legs as you sat in the field. The weather has been calm and mild lately, but it was starting to warm up. Spring was in the air. And it felt nice.

The school year is coming to an end. Soon enough studying for exams will consume everyone's time. This is the calm before the storm.

The sun was warm and comforting as you sat in the middle of the field. Alone with nothing but nature and your thoughts. It was a strange mix of rising stress and calm water.

A quiet hum started behind you. It slowly grew louder, closer. The tune of your favorite song drifted to your ears. George was slowly making his was towards you. You closed your eyes as he approached and sat next you you.

He continued humming as he sat next to you, enjoying the warmth of the sunlight. It was a comfortable quiet time. You weren't sure how long you two sat enjoying each others presence.

Eventually, his fingers brushed your cheek. You turned to face him finally, a small smile across his lips. You returned the smile, staying quiet.

His smile grew and he seized you by the waist and thought you both back onto the ground. He pulled you close to his chest as you let out a laugh. He chucked as you snuggled in closer, tracing a finder across his chest.

You laid in comfortable silence for what could have been either 5 minutes or an hour. You didn't care which on it was. This felt nice. The thought of exams slipped your mind as you focused on his breathing.

His heartbeat and breathing slowed over time, he was falling asleep. "George?" You ask before he can slip into his dreams. "Yes love?" He replies sleepily. "What's it gonna be like?" George takes in a deep breath, trying to wake up at your question. "What's what gonna be like love?" He finally asked.

"What's it gonna be like when we graduate next year?" His arms wrapped tighter around you as he placed a soft kiss to the top of his head. He pondered the question for a while.

"Well I imagine it'll be kinda like this. We can stay at the burrow for a while, it's quite cozy. Then eventually we can find a place to live, maybe Fred and Angelina want to split a flat." A smile smile spreads across your face at his answer.

"I'd like that, all of it" you replied quietly. You continued to lay in silence as you thought of the future with George. His breathing once again started to slow. This time you let him sleep, admiring him as he slept.

You could get used to just laying in nature together, it felt nice. Maybe there was no need to worry about the future, maybe it was gonna be ok. George seemed to think so. Why not trust him.