Chapter 3: The Alpha's Dream

As the couple remained standing from where Avery left them, Luna spoke in a worried demeanor.

"Aren't you being too pushy and consenting of Avery's feelings towards our son? You are mistakenly leading her on in a way. I mean, no one knew who could be Jasper's mate, Benedict. I'm afraid and will be hurt for Avery if things don't turn out the way she believes and made her believe to. I don't want her to suffer such hardship. She's too young and sweet for that" the worried Luna said to her husband.

"Don't worry, sweetheart. I got this. The Moon Goddess had spoken to me in my dream and showed me who our son's mate will be. That sweet kid, she nailed it and I don't even know how she did it. Maybe that's how she's going to be a special someone someday. I was told that she will play a big role in our clan's future and that we have to protect her at all cost. The only thing was, the Moon Goddess never wanted any of the two kids to know about it or else, everything would just turn into a big mess" the Alpha answered, revealing his dream to his wife in order to give her reassurance. She is his wife after all so she has the right to know what the Moon Goddess had told him, especially if it's related to their son. Besides, everyone is already out, he had a glimpse of them getting out of the doorway in front of the house.

"Oh, my God! Is that really true, my Alpha?"

"Yep".

"Oh, my! I can't believe it. That's totally overwhelming! Imagine, our sweet and lovable Avery and our super grumpy, handsome son will really be a thing in the future? The Goddess is good, sweetheart. I know that Jasper will have a better future with Avery."

"That's what I thought as well, my love."

A few seconds later, a mindlink from the Beta connected to the Alpha's mindlink, informing him that almost everyone is outside now except them. With one, last look to Jasper's room, the couple went down the stairs and headed outside to the training ground.

Meanwhile, inside Jasper's bathroom.

"Oohh... so damn good! Woo-hoo! Hmn... So really nice. Aah... this is how life should be! Yeah?"

"I wonder what will happen later on in our training. I couldn't wait to be on the actual fighting ground already. Damn, I'm 18 and yet it feels like this is the first time that I am going to see the world! But then again, with all those troubles that Zeke did from the past, I couldn't blame the old folks for taking such extreme precautionary measures."

Jasper is having a monologue with himself while taking a shower inside his big and nice bathroom. His eyes were closed with a hint of calmness on his face, his head slightly angled upward under the sprinkling shower head, while his muscled arms were moving as his hands were alternately rubbing his long, toned, and bulky body with the soapy, soft sponge. As the cold water continued to cascade on him, Jasper couldn't help but to sigh once more out of comfort because of the fresh feeling that the water was bringing to his entire system. It's been weeks that they're training nonstop inside the Wolves' Camp under the strict supervision of the Beta himself, preparing each one of them for this day. According to the Beta and the whole Ministry of Defense, everyone should be well equipped mentally, physically, and emotionally today. They are to approach liberation at last and they were told not to be complacent at all because no one knows what's waiting for them outside. They are all just hoping that the darkness brought by Zeke from 10 years ago that once dominated their land for years has already vanished.

"Oh, well! Whatever will happen, I'm pretty sure that me and the whole pack are well prepared. No one's going to hurt anyone from our pack anymore and that I will vow in the grave of my ancestors", from his calm demeanor while under the shower, Jasper's face has turned to its naturally serious mood. He stepped out from the shower and headed to one corner, grabbed the two towels he will use to dry his head and body frame and the other to cover his lower part. After drying his body nonchalantly and wrapping the small, black towel around his sexy hip, he went out of the bathroom with a long stride even though there is still some tiny droplets of water dripping on the floor from his wet hair. He's completely unaware and uncaring of his surroundings. Knowing that everyone knows how he values his privacy too much, he believes his room is all his. No one is to invade it without his permission, he knew that very well. But that's just what he thought. As he threw the towel he used for his head anywhere on the floor and was about to unwrap his lower body with the black towel, his body and feet were frigidly rooted from where he stood. He caught from a side glance the movement of a small figure sitting on the chair just right after the door of his room. As that part of his room isn't fully lit, he couldn't be sure to himself what he was seeing. It is a little figure wearing a white as a snow cloth with ruffles on its short sleeves and above knee-length hem while sitting on the chair cross legged, turning the pages of what seemed to be his photo album. When the unwelcome visitor seemed to have taken notice of his presence, she lifted her head and gave him a warm and toothy smile, making two of her dimples appear on her cheeks. But Jasper wasn't able to recognize her anymore as Tom's story about a small, scary creature invaded his mind.