Chapter 6: Alpha Freed Jasper At Last

1 year later...

"How are you, kid?" Surprisingly, it was the Alpha who was in front of him. Jasper couldn't contain his longing for his dad, he stepped near him to give him a tight hug but was blocked by the four officers his father was with.

"Alpha?" He called for his title in an inquiring manner. But the Alpha just dismissed his confusion and didn't bother to give any explanation.

"I hope that with your one-year imprisonment, you already learned your lesson."

"I did not do anything, dad. I am innocent" the now 19-year-old Jasper emphasized to his father.

"La, la, la. That's what every criminal does, deny every crime they commit" Said the Alpha uncaring to his son's feelings.

"What? How can you even say that to me? I am your son, for God's sake! But regardless of that, as a just Alpha, you could have done an investigation first before convicting me" Jasper raised his voice a bit, couldn't believe what he just heard from his dad.

"And I am your father and the Alpha of this pack. As a father, I have to discipline you and as an Alpha, I have to protect every member of this pack. So, you get me now, why did I do what I did?" The Alpha answered in a monotonous way. He continues to speak.

"Anyway, it didn't matter anymore. What's done has been done already so let us just all forget everything and move on. I called for you because as your father, I want myself to be the one to tell you this."

"Oh, I'm glad to know that you're still aware that you're my father," Jasper said, sounding so sarcastic now.

"Cut the drama, kid. What I'm here for is to say that as a convicted rapist, your punishment should have been instant death, right? I hope you are aware of that. Are you?"

"Oh! Did you forget already that I was convicted abruptly and without the due process of our law? That the moment you saw us like that on that day, you just assumed the worst scenario, beat me, then imprisoned me for a year in this hellhole? What kind of a father would do that to his son? I know you knew how I hated the presence of that kid but was that enough of a reason for you to think that I could do such a heinous act against someone, and a kid as such?" Jasper couldn't help anymore speaking to his father at a higher volume.

"Could you blame me then, if I did? I knew how much you hate her guts and then, suddenly, I would just see her on top of your bed looking like she had been harassed by someone, and that someone was you who was shirtless and nervously looking like a scared cat that was caught in action while buttoning his pants." His father reasoned out with a smirk on his lips, insulting Jasper more. In his mind, he is asking how could his father display such a face in him.

"It's because I was rushing to get to the training site! If only you had asked first, I could have explained what happened on that day! But you did not because you were too eager to imprison me."

"Alright then. So be it. You were jailed without due process. Okay, I get it now. But as I said, that's all in the past already. Let us just focus on what's in front of us."

"Easy for you to say because it wasn't you who had to live his life a haywire every miserable passing day."

"Oh, shut up, kid! Stop saying irrelevant things anymore and let me just do what I have to so I can leave already. I reviewed your performance for the past year and I can say that it has been impressive. Aside from the fact that you are the Alpha's son, you have maintained a good attitude living inside this dungeon despite the surroundings you're in. Because of that, I now hereby grant you your freedom. You are now officially a declared free citizen of this pack."

"Oh? I am free now? That's awesome to hear, dad! At long last!"

Jasper couldn't contain his happiness the moment his father said he was already free. He smiled ear-to-ear but it was suspended in that manner as soon as he heard what his father said next.

"However, as a once convicted criminal, you are now DEPRIVED of every right you have as the son of the Alpha. You are no longer entitled to think, act, and speak like you are still my son. For if you do even just once, whatever violation you will commit against that new law, your instant death will be executed. As soon as I leave this place, you may proceed to leave as well but do remember this, you cannot come near the inside of the wall anymore. Starting today, you'll have your newly assigned residence outside. These four officers will take you there. Remember all that I told you, alright? That's all. I am heading out now. Officers, carry on."

And just like that, the Alpha turned his back away from his son and walked fastly until he turned to a corner where his form vanished from Jasper's sight.

Jasper's face was still marked with confusion, trying to digest every last word that his father said. Alas, he couldn't comprehend what had just happened! When he was about to step forward, two of the officers blocked his way while the other two came to his side and held him by the arms side by side.

"Hey, let go of me! Have you not heard that I had been freed by my father already?"

"Yes, we heard everything. Loud and clear. So stop whatever you are planning to do. Instead, prepare all your things now so we can take you to your new place already.