Chapter 5: The Dungeon

"Relax, Jasper! You just have to move fast. The Beta wouldn't be very happy if you showed up late on the very first day of training outside. Good grief! What to do?"

And just like that, Jasper forgot about what just happened, totally ignoring the kid's presence in front of him. He unconsciously let go of the kid's shoulder with a bit of force in it, making her surprisingly step backward and fall on the bed right at her back. As for the boy, he didn't notice anymore when the kid lost her balance and fell onto his bed as he quickly headed to his closet. He grabbed whatever clothes he could, turned to his werewolf form, and ran quickly to the bathroom to change with his training attire. After a short while, he went out half-naked with a shirt on his shoulder, head lowered as he was trying to fix the zipper of his pants. But before he could finish it, the door of his room was forcefully taken down, creating a loud bang on the floor where it fell. With a stunned body, he looks towards the doorway and recognizes the newly arrived individuals; the Alpha, Luna, Beta, the kid's parents, her brother Tom, Aunt Celeste and Uncle Ben. He gulped in his saliva while sweating profusely as he saw the Beta looking at him coldly making him avoid his scrutinizing stare.

"Is he that very strict to even come here just to fetch me? Is that anger and worries I am seeing from them? Worrying for me? Oh, no! Is the Beta going to punish me that quick?" Jasper was anxious because of fear of Beta's presence but in the eyes of others inside the room, he looked like a scaredy and guilty cat caught in action.

"You don't have to be this worried, guys. I was supposed to head outside already" he nervously said but none answered him. Instead, they looked away from him and focused their eyes to another direction. Their silence is confusing but one thing's palpable to him though, they are all angry and worried, especially his father who's still in his human form and yet, his eyes were holding a contemptible look as he looked back at him. He couldn't help but to feel cowered in front of everyone. His fear intensified when the furious growling voice of his father reverberated inside his room.

"WHAT-HAVE-YOU-DONE-TO-AVERY-JASPER!? ANSWER ME!" the Alpha asked loudly and frighteningly?

"Nothing, dad. I swear. I never even hurt the kid" he answered in confusion, still wondering what was going on.

"Hurt? What you did seems to be even more aggravating than that! How could you!" he shouted again, spatting the words insulting, laced with bitterness. It was then followed by the worrying voice of his mother.

"My son, what have you done?" asked his mother, whose eyes were shining with tears. His confusion grew more. He looked to the other people inside the room, still their eyes were focused to another direction, on the other side where his bed was. So, he just looked back to his parents.

"I-I don't know what you're saying mom, dad! What is it? Why does everyone seem to be raging in anger and worries?" As soon as he said it, his father gritted his teeth and in a much darker aura and deeper tone, he asked, "You don't know?" then takes back his focus from him to where the others were looking at. Luna did the same thing so he turned his head as well towards his bed and there he saw what they were all staring at. It's the kid who was frozen in shock, maybe of the fearful aura emanating from the newly arrived, specifically from the Alpha. She is trying to get up from a half-lying position. Because of too much curiosity as to why they are keenly looking worried and angry at the same time as they observe the kid's every movement, Jasper looked eagerly at Avery and only then did he fully notice her appearance making him agape in surprise; puffy eyes, face stained with tears, sweat and mucus, unfixed hair that some unruly strands were glued to her cheeks, her dress's one shoulder's strap is out of place, almost falling off on the side, and when he moves his worried eyes southward, his head felt like it grows ten times than its original size. The hem of her dress was hiked up to her waist, revealing her undies fully in the eyes of everyone. He suddenly came back to his senses and somehow got a hold of what's been happening. He is very sure it will be pretty bad on his side if things remain unclear. It might not be that bad to see a kid on her undies but what's not good is  the implication of everything that's been happening. Why? Because the kid looked like she's been sexually harassed by someone and here he is, half-naked, looking like a guilty cat, his pant's still not buttoned fully. What aggravated the situation more was the fact that she loudly cried for help earlier when his loud shout frightened her. He staggered backward as he remembered everything, losing his mind for a bit and not knowing what to say or do. He opened his mouth to explain what happened but everything turned into a fast-paced, blurry scene the moment Avery's pitiful, soft sob was heard, calling for her momma and poppie. He didn't see anymore when his father suddenly lurched to him and gave him a strong blow that made him lose his consciousness instantly while his mom was shouting in fear. When he awoke, he was already in a dungeon, tightly tied on a chair, where the criminals are being taken care of. His body is aching and no doubt that his face is sore based on the numbing pain he feels on his left cheek and eyes that's been so difficult to open.