Family Reunion

TW// SLIGHT VIOLENCE

    "Mr. Knight!".

    "Do you have any comments about-".

    "Are you aware of the situation your-".

    "Is it true-".

    These annoying ass paparazzi. Personally I don't mind them most of the time but right now, I wanted to run every single one of them over with my goddamn car. Not to mention their lights were giving me a headache that I didn't need.

    "Mr.Knight!" another paparazzi screamed.

    I turned before entering the car. She even looked annoying. Before I could turn away, she quickly took out her notepad.

    "Are you aware of the anonymous 911 call involving Knight Industries? The penthouse's to be specific," she asked, facing the mic to me.

    Damn they're fast. It's been one day. One. I didn't get the chance to answer, fortunately; knowing myself I always do cause bigger messes when I'm angry. Lucky for the reporter and myself, my assistant eased all of them away from the car door for me to enter where he followed in right after. The car didn't wait a second to leave.

    "Mr. Knight has informed me that you are not to speak to any official page until you console with him,".

    I rolled my eyes and looked out of the window. Old man's still kicking.

    "He, along with Mrs.Knight and Ava will be meeting you in his residence,".

    Oh great, family reunion no thanks to fucking Suriah.

    I wouldn't see any of my family members by choice, besides Ava but I rarely see her either. See, if it wasn't for this whole fucked up situation, I wouldn't be driving down to see any of them but nothing always goes planned. What I do have planned though, is to teach Suriah a lesson. Once again.

    About fifteen minutes later, the car came to a stop in front of an old fashioned manor house. It was nice but frankly, it was more conjuring than it was beautiful. I let out a sign just as my car door was opened, I got out and inhaled the brisk autumn air changing into winter.

    I looked towards the windows of the secluded house and saw Ava's figure quickly disappear into the darkness, but it quickly came back. She rushed out of the house, down the steps to meet me.

    "He's anything but happy right now Kieran so please, please don't-," I halted in my steps.

    "Don't what Ava?" I cursed, "Don't treat him like he deserves to be?".

    Ava bit back on her words, letting her head drop. I rolled my eyes and entered the house where the intoxicating air almost suffocated me to death. I hung my coat to the side and fixed my suit. Crazy how I hate the dying man but still make an effort to look good in his presence. I listened to the quiet chatter echo through the walls.

    "They over here," Ava said beside me.

    I followed behind her and stopped when she did so before entering his chambers. I heard Ava approach our father and quietly mumble words to him. Words I'm sure were meant to keep him calm rather than lash out on me. I clenched my jaw and turned round the door, presenting myself to the entire family.

    Mother stood next to the window holding her cigarette tighter the longer I stood there, with fear for myself shaking in her eyes. Ava was seated in a chair beside the dying man, holding his hand as if he didn't make both our lives a miserable hell.
    And there in the middle, was the devil himself, glaring down on me with all the life he had left in himself.