Chapter 18

•~ "Dinner with the likes of you? I'd rather die of hunger, but thanks

•~
"Dinner with the likes of you?
I'd rather die of hunger, but thanks."
•~

Season 3 Episode 13
"Bringing out the dead"

Holly couldn't remember the last time she had slept so peacefully.

And she knew exactly by whose favour it was.

Softly yawning to herself, Holly smiled sheepishly at the sight of a bare, heavily muscled arm draped over her waist. His hand pressed against her bare stomach due to her risen shirt which Holly believed occurred in their restless slumber.

Taking in the remaining of the bed, she giggled softly. They had pushed the covers to the floor, a jumbled mess of sheets at the foot of the bed, their legs tangled together and bodies pressed firmly against one another.

Oh how she treasured those mornings.

The moments which they got to spend together blissful in their love and the joy last night had given them.

Holly stared down at the glistening, heart shaped ring adorning her hand and felt heat rise up from her neck to her cheeks.

Klaus had known exactly the kind of rings she loved, small, not too flashy but enough to catch someone's attention. Gentle colours and designs, it was absolutely perfect.

But staring at it brought some form of guilt to the young woman's troubled heart.

Holly had yet to reveal to her beloved of the conversation, if it can even be considered as such, that she had with her birth mother.

She didn't know why it caused guilt, she knew Klaus wouldn't be bothered.

Or at least, she liked to believe so.

Holly knew of his paranoia, and she knew he feared everyone will eventually leave him. That he will drive them away and they would run and never look back. It was his worst fear, and the worst enemy he has had to stand against.

She feared that if she were to tell him, he would close within himself. He wouldn't let her in any longer, he wouldn't look at her the same way and it would lead to the one thing they both avoided.

Confrontation.

Holly would be forced to talk about one of the worst things her father had ever allowed to be done to her, and Klaus would in a spur of anger say something completely out of line and ruin the possibility of them reconciling.