37th

Jess's pov:
I went to harpers house because today was her 16th birthday!
I decided to wear a one-piece dressy kinda outfit, whatever you call these stupid fancy things.

Her mom greeted me with a hug and I zoomed upstairs to wake harper up, "wake up lazy ass!" I screamed jumping on top of her bed. "Ahhhhhhhh, helppppp." Harper yelled slapping me, "morning." I said laughing, "ur not funny." She said smacking me again, then rubbed her eyes.
She finally got up and stared at me, "You aren't in jeans? Am I seeing right?" Harper said laughing, "haha ur so funny, now lemme see what you got." I said as she pulled out a navy dress, it was very pretty.

"Well put it on?" I said pushing Harper into the bathroom, she came out about 5 minutes later with the dress on.
She looked good, well I never see her in dresses so yeah. She curled her hair and didn't burn herself this time!

Then we went downstairs, "oh my baby!" Catherine said giving Harper a hug, "stop mom. It's just a dress." Harper said.
Then Cher came in, "ahh you actually wore it. You looked good I guess, not what I would have picked tho." She said.
"Well it isn't your day, so you don't get to pick my outfit." Harper responded, Cher did her famous eye roll.

Around 9:30, Harper and I met the boys at the diner.
They were all shocked to see Harper in a dress, I don't think anyone has seen her in one before.
"Wow, where's Harper?" "Yeah-yeah where'd she go?" "Is that actually you?" They all said, while Harper slapped em.
Then it was Benny's turn, "woah Harper. You look-" "amazing I know!" She said interrupting him, and they kissed.
"Ewwwwwah." "Grosss." The boys all said,
"why don't you guys just leave them alone. I bet y'all would do the same with your girlfriends. I mean if you ever could get any." I said they all mimicked me, "shut up Mckennly!" Ham yelled, "someone's grumpy." I replied.

After we ate, we all went back home. I went with Harper because I said I would have lunch with her, even though we were stuffed from the diner. "Wow I can't believe 16 years ago I wasn't born, I mean I'm old." She said laughing,
"Yeah you might be getting some gray hairs tomorrow." I said laughing, she rolled her eyes.
"You remember that you are older than me." Harper said slapping me, "only by a month!" I yelled.

"Whatever you old fucker." I said back, "Jessica Mckennly! Do not use that language in this house!" Mrs Adams said,
"Sorry." I said while Harper snickered.

"Hayyyyyyyy fam, I'm back!" Cher yelled walking in the door while poor Charlie was following behind her, with like 20 bags on his arms. "Ahh imma fall over!" He said before I quickly ran and took some of the bags.
Poor Charlie having to keep up with Cher. Just joking Cher is amazing.

We all sat down and ate lunch, well Harper and I didn't since we had a big breakfast.
"Mkay So Benny's still coming over tonight?" Harper asked while drinking water, "yes. And the rest of his family."   Catherine replied, "ok Jess you can eat with us." Harper looked at me and said, I nodded my head.

And then we went upstairs to harpers room, "have you ever had a crush on any of the sandlot boys?" Harper asked me.
Hmmm yesss- no. "Um no, I like Jackson." I said, "ah-ha you do like him!" Harper said happily,
"oh shit. I just said that out loud." I grumbled flopping on her bed.

Harpers pov:
Since Jess was very helpful in setting Benny and I up, I decided I was gonna try and help her with Jackson.
Just 1 small problem- I don't know jackson.

Anyways I'll think about that later, right now I need to shower and get ready for dinner. It was about 4 o'clock when I finished getting ready, I just curled my hair and then out some more deodorant on because I was nervous. Yes I know, why am I nervous? I mean it's just Benny's family. Whatever.

"Harper jess can you two run to Vincent's? I need milk and eggs for this cake." I heard mama yell from the other room,
"Make Cher!" I yelled back down, "She's at Charlie's. He had to get ready for tonight." She replied, "ughhh fine." I said, Jess and I shared the same annoyed look as we went downstairs. "Mkay Just milk and eggs?" "Yep."
"Where's James?" "Benny's" "oh ok" Jess and I replied walking out the door with the money.

We got to Vincent's and payed for the stuff, then we walked back home.

Jess and I walked in the house, "Mama we are back." I said closing the door, "um Harper stay there." I heard Jess say.
"What's wrong?" I said kinda scared by the tone of Jess's voice, "it's ok just um. Stay there." She said pulling out her phone then dialing a number. What's wrong? Should I check it out. I was about to walk into the kitchen where Jess was when I heard talking.

"Um yes i found my friend on the floor, she doesn't look like she's breathing-" is all I heard, the I panicked.
Oh no, not again. What's wrong? Mama, what if she fainted again?

Jess hung up the phone and I walked towards the her to see my mom laying there, on the kitchen floor.
We both stood there with tears rolling down our faces.

-end of chapter-

I can only do about a few more chapters on this book because otherwise this book would be like 80 chapters long.
So there might only be a few more chapters but I will definitely do a second book because I liked this story.

Also thanks for reading :)