40th

Harpers pov:

After we all came home from the hospital, we just sat there and cried. We probably could have filled up a whole river with the amount of tears we shed, then we got the call.

'I am very sorry to Catherine's loved ones, but we have pulled the plug. I hope you guys hang in there, I feel your guys grief. So I am so sorry you got this news, this call was from nurse Gonzales.'

Then Cher hung up the phone, we were all silent again.

"It's happened. It finally happened." Cher said quietly, "she won't see me in a wedding dress, me holding my first child, me getting my career, me doing a lot of things- she won't see." She yelled.
"Cher at least she got to see you in a graduation gown. You have talked about weddings with her, you have said baby names with her! You at least got to tell her that stuff, meanwhile me over here. Nothing. Hell she hasn't even seen me in a formal dress!" I yelled right back at her, "you should be grateful! You at-least got those moments with her." I screamed at cher before slamming my bedroom door, I locked it then cried.

I sat on the floor and thought about all the things that mama would miss, weddings, birthdays, baby showers, James almost whole life of growing up. Someone knocked on my door. I got up, unlocked and peeped my head out the hallway. It was cher. I rolled my eyes, "no Harper it's only been a few minutes and we already don't get along, we are gonna talk." She said with tears. "We all miss her, I get it. No birthdays or anything will be the same, but yes we all can't keep just re-living this moment. We have to move on," cher said,

"no charlotte ITS TO DAMN EARLY FOR HER TO GO. I'm NOT forgetting her, you can but I won't." I yelled at her.
"I would never forget mama, who could? Just you are never gonna move on, if you keep feeling sorry." She said.
I walked right up to her,
"No IT HAPPENED MAYBE A FUCKING HOUR AGO AND YET NOW YOU ARE TELLING ME TO MOVE ON ALREADY? ARE YOU CLUELESS, HELLO OUR MOM JUST DIED-AND YOU WANT ME TO MOVE ON?" I yelled again, "calm down Harper." She said sitting me back down, "No LEAVE. NOW." I said pushing her out the door, tears rolling down my face. I slumped against my door, mama was right. Our family won't go well without her.

I tried to sleep, I didn't even know what time it was to be honest, and I didn't care. I just wanted things back to normal.

Another knock on my door, "go away charlotte!" I said, "it's me." Paislee said walking in, "my bad come here." I said giving her a hug, she was crying.

"Are you and Cher ok? I heard yelling." She asked "yeah just a little disagreement we had." I lied,
no a big one, that I fucked up on.
"Oh, well I hope you guys make up. Because I look up to you two, you are both amazing. I wish I could be exactly like you when I'm older." Paislee said, wow a little 9 year old is pretty smart. A role model? Me?

"Yeah that's cool." I said, "well you should get sleep." I said walking her out to the hallway towards James's room,
"Night, love you." She said giving me a hug, "love you too." I replied then walked towards charlotte' room.

Cher's pov:

I went back to my room after Harper blew-up at me, am I that bad of a sister? Did I hurt her feelings? Maybe I should apologize, I am the big sister. No she yelled at me, she can. I thought as I laid in bed, but I couldn't fall asleep.

I heard someone open the door about an hour later, it was Harper. Her eyes were all red and puffy, her brown hair in a very messy bun. "Charlotte I'm sorry, I mean we are already falling apart and it's been not even 12 hours." She said, I tried to laugh, but it came out as tears. "Harper I love you, but we are sisters so we will disagree. And yes, we need to be better as a family," I said "yeah Paislee heard us yelling I guess and asked if we were ok." Harper said, "aw that wasn't good." I said, "but she looks up to us, did you know that?" She continued, "no. I mean she's just like a little sister." I said, she nodded. "Well I can't sleep." Harper said, "come here." I said making room for her in my bed, then we fell asleep.

Harpers pov:
My thoughts finally settled down as I laid by Cher:
Well I guess this year was crazy, like a curve ball.
But at-least we made it, well some of us. And others left some pieces behind.
But we have to move forwards, you can't just stop at 1st base.

-end of chapter-

Ahhhhhh guys! This chapter was the last chapter of this book :(
But don't worry imma start another book in this series called 2nd base, but still I hate ending books.
Ummmmm so I hope y'all enjoyed this book as much as I did writing it!

Anyways thanks for all the views :)