You Are Good Enough

The training went on for two and a half hours. The boys were drenching in sweat, their panting could be heard whenever they walked past me. I could tell being a national player is not easy, it takes a lot of hardwork and determination to fight through eventhough your stamina is already depleting.

Just when the training was about to end...

"AHHHHHHH!!"

Suddenly, a loud shriek echoed the court. Captain Yuki Ishikawa was seen lying down the floor and everyone else rushed to his side. I stood up immediately from the bench, trying to see what was happening but I was too short to see anything from where I was.

I walked nearer to where the boys were. Ishikawa was holding his ankle with his hands and his expression was in so much pain. Apparently, he injured his right ankle when he landed after a spike.

"Oh no, what should we do now? Our physical therapist is not around today." some of the teammates panicked.

"Let me have a look." I said.

Everyone stared at me including Ishikawa, while I squatted near to his ankle and examine his ankle closely. I instructed him to do some movements and gently pressed on some points on his ankle, asking him if they were painful.

"Don't worry Ishikawa-san, you have a Grade 1 Lateral Ankle Sprain as you overstretched one of the ligaments at the outer side of the ankle. A little swelling and bruise may appear later on, but it should be all good after a couple of weeks with proper rest, bandage and rehabilitation." I said confidently.

"How did you know all this?" asked Ishikawa politely, still sweating in pain.

"I'm a physiotherapist, so you can trust me." I smiled. "Actually, I saw a first aid kit at the corner, if there is a bandage in it, I will be able to help you. Do you mind?"

"Well...sure, I hope it is not too troublesome for you." said Ishikawa.

Two of the boys including Ran helped Ishikawa up from the floor and brought him to the bench. I went to get the first aid kit and fortunately I found some suitable bandages in it.

I slowly moved Ishikawa's injured ankle in a neutral position and wrapped it firmly with the bandage in a figure 8 pattern. I then gave a little gentle massage and mobilization exercises to his ankle.

"We're done Ishikawa-san, do you want to try to get up and have a walk?" I asked.

Ishikawa looked at me with some doubts, but he still pluck up his courage to take his first step. The boys at his sides were showing their arms nearby, like they were ready to support him if he falls.

His first step was slow and lack of confidence, followed by the second, third, and forth step. Each step was looking more and more stable.

"You're amazing Chelsea-san! It's not so painful anymore. Arigatougozaimasu." claimed Ishikawa, with a big smile on his face.

"No worries, just doing what I do best." I said. All the teammates looked so much more relieved now that their captain was walking better.

The eventful training has finally come to an end. Everyone was tired and was ready to leave the complex after packing their belongings.

"Chelsea-san, good news! My dad called and said he has already got your door fixed, you can finally go home now. But sorry I won't be able to walk you home as I have something urgent to settle, would you be fine by yourself?" said Ran.

"Of course Takahashi-san, I have already troubled you enough today. Thank you so much and I will see you around!" I said.

"You're welcome. And please just call me, Ran, let's just be casual as friends now." said Ran.