The Room Next To The Office

[One week later]

11.05am
-------------
My parents were finally back from Osaka. I opened the door and welcomed them with open arms.

"Chelsea, we bought you some souvenirs from Osaka." daddy said as he handed me a big paper bag.

"Yeah, present for me!" "Oh my goodness! You bought all these for me?" my smiled from ear to ear and my eyes sparkled as I opened the paper bag.

Takoyaki Kitkat, Takoyaki Pocky, Takoyaki Pringles, Takoyaki Chips etc. Everything was Takoyaki-flavoured! Other than udon, Takoyaki is also one of my favourites. My parents just knew me too well.

"Osaka is famous of their Takoyaki, since we are unable to bring home the real Takoyaki, these will do its job haha. We hope every thing goes well for you today, our dearest daughter." said mommy.

"Awww, you both are the best. Thank you daddy and mommy." I gave them a super tight hug.

We then had lunch together while we updated each other about what happened over the past one week. I guess there was no need to tell them about the incident on the first day they left for their vacation, or else they may not leave their only child alone in Tokyo anymore. But I have definitely learnt my lesson to be more careful the next time when I am home alone - always remember my keys.

1.00pm
-----------
I changed into a black polo shirt and a pair of long pants. I tied my hair into a high pony tail and wore a rose gold necklace, tucking it into my shirt. Then I packed a bottle of water, wallet and tablet into my back pack, not forgetting to shove some Takoyaki Kitkat at the side compartment as well.

I looked into the full length mirror at the corner of my room, satisfied with my neat look.

Daddy and mommy gave me a hug at the door step before I left the house, and I nervously walked a 20 minutes distance to my destination.

1.25pm
-----------
I sat at the waiting area outside of an office, waiting for my appointment at 1.30pm.

"Chelsea-san, you may come in now." said a man wearing the same shirt as me.

"Yes, thank you." I replied as I followed him to the office.

I signed a few documents after exchanging some conversations with the man. He then gave me two files with some confidential information, shook my hand and led me to a big room next to the office.

1.55pm
-----------
I was left alone in the room, but I was told I would be meeting someone in about 5 minutes.

So I walked and looked around the room.

"Wow, these are some good quality stuffs." I exclaimed as I carefully checked out the belongings in there.

Suddenly, the door of the room was pushed open. I quickly tidied up myself, making sure I was presentable to meet the person who was about to enter.

"Konnichiwa!" it was a man's voice. But he was still behind the half-opened door.

"Konnichiwa" I replied, "Please come in."

The man took a step forward while opening the door completely, and our eyes met. He stared at my polo shirt, and shifted his focus on the Japan flag on my left chest. He then let out a smile.

"Welcome to the team, Chelsea." it was Yuki Ishikawa, the captain of the Japan Men's National Volleyball Team, Ryujin Nippon.

"Thank you, let's start the rehabilitation for your ankle today, shall we, captain?" I replied and returned a smile.