Part 3: Hollywood

Max rides home on his bike. He goes through a cemetery and runs into two high school kids. "Halt! Who are you?"

"Why are you riding through a cemetery?" Becca questioned.

"Shortcut."

"Max. I just moved here."

"From where?"

Winifred tapped her finger against her chin and pursed her lips. "These teenagers seem familiar."

"You locked them in cages and force-fed them candy," Dani reminded her with an eyeroll.

"Oh! Ha! I remember now!" Winnie shrugged, "they deserved it... they called me a foul name..."

"Ugly?" Sarah remembered with a thoughtful expression.

Winifred sobbed tearlessly, causing Mary to comfort her and kick Sarah in annoyance.

"Los Angeles." Max noticed their blank stares. "L.A."

"Oh, dude…"

"Tubular." The second kid smirked.

"Totally tubular," Cassie smiled.

"I’m Jay, this is Ernie."

Ernie grabbed Jay by the shirt. "How many times I gotta tell you…my name ain’t Ernie no more, it’s Ice. Ice."

Jay pointed to Ice. "This is Ice."

"What happened to them?" Max pondered. "I don't think I saw them after the witches disappeared."

"They probably survived. Unless the witches ate them without anyone noticing." Thackery said.

"They were rude," Dani remembered.

"We should have-" Mary mimed a beheading, "-while we had the chance."

Ice turned around and the word ‘ICE’ has been cut into the back of his hair.

Jay jumped down to Max when he saw him laugh. "So, let’s have a butt."

"No thanks, I don’t smoke."

"They’re very health conscious in Los Angeles." Ice laughed, causing Jay to cackle amusedly. They highfive before bumping chests.

"I feel like I missed the joke..." Izzy frowned.

Gilbert nodded, "you're not the only one."

Jay goes back to Max. "You got any cash…Hollywood?"

"No."

"Mom refused to give him pocket money after he blew $80 on a baseball cap." Dani chuckled.

Jay and Ice surrounded him. "Gee, we don’t get any smokes from you, we don’t get any cash, what am I supposed to do with my afternoon."

Max grimaced. "Maybe you could learn to breathe through your nose."

People chuckle at Max's quick comeback.

"Good one, Maximus."

Jay laughed uproariously but stopped when he noticed the look Ice gave him. He looks at Max's shoes. "Whoa. Check out the new cross trainers."

Ice smiled. "Cool. Let me try ‘em on."

"So that's how you lost 'em!" Dani chuckled, talking about the shoes. "I knew you wouldn't throw them away! You called them 'your babies'."

"Shut up, Dani." Max grumbled as Allison laughed.

Max went to leave but Jay stopped him with a smirk.