02

+Durk+

I got in my car, waiting until he pulled to leave. It's something about him, lil folks different.

"You gay as hell folks" Dthang said, kissing his teeth. "You been on lil folks bad, shorty don't even know you!"

I rolled my eyes at his comment, starting the car up.

"Go to the studio" Dthang said, "You need to focus on music, that nigga gon' distract you"

He always said that bullshit, I always gave in too. I hate the pressure he puts on me to be the one to make it out of Chicago just because he fucked up his future.

I felt him push my head, "Bitch fix yo face" he said. "I'm doing this shit for you, so you don't end up like me"

I be forgetting I can't control my facial expressions.

I pulled into the driveway of an old torn-down apartment building. My cousin was already outside waiting for me outside, starting to approach the car.

I dapped him up as he slipped a pill bottle into my pocket. "Tell em bout yo lil boyfriend"

"You talking bout that lil folks with the dreads that was locked up? Yo ass finally stopped be scared to go up to that nigga"

"He not my boyfriend" I said, rolling up the window on him. He's not my nigga yet...

I pulled out of the parking lot, starting to speed up a little bit to kill time.

I turned up the music, rolling down the windows to feel the breeze. I could feel Dthang staring at me, he always had some shit to say.

He turned down the music, rolling up the window on my ass. I started to slow down as we mad it to the stop light.

He grabbed my face, examining my eyes and my facial expressions.

"Pull this bitch over bro" He said, raising his voice. "Is you off a pill mf?"

It took me a while to respond but all I could do is shake my head. He put his hand to my chest, raising his hand to slap me but pausing at the sound of cars honking behind us.

He still slapped me, getting out of the car to help me out. He opened my door, pulling out to stand up which I could barely do.

I couldn't function but I was still aware. The last thing I do remember was the sound of the ambulance and my brother yelling at someone on the phone.

Now I was sitting in the hospital bed, no phone, hungry asl, getting lectured by Dthang. I hate this nigga with a passion.

"You said it wouldn't go this far, you took five? Fuck is to you my nigga?"

He went on as I tuned his ass out. The bad part was I couldn't leave for another 2 days.

He pulled my phone out of my pocket, handing it to me. "I'll be back, don't do no stupid shit please" He said, closing the door behind him.

I started going through my phone, seeing a couple missed calls and messages. Nothing too major.

I wasn't worried about calling anybody back, I just wanted to call lil shorty. I didn't though, I want to wait until I can see him in person.

I set my phone down, sitting up a bit. I still felt the effect of the pills. I didn't regret taking them, I was expecting this shit to happen one day. Just not today.