03

+Omniscient+

Rell threw a folder full of papers down on the table in front of Von.

"You got school Monday, don't think just because ya mama ain't here that you finna be running these streets" He said, grabbing a cigarette and a lighter, proceeding to lay down on the couch. 

Von rolled his eyes, grabbing the papers. "I can't take Skylar on the bus with me, how she gon get to school?"

"Figure it out, before I handle it myself" He said, tapping his cig on the bare table.

Dayvon looked at him with disgust. He grabbed the papers, making his way into Skylars' room. He set the papers down on the bed, kissing her head before leaving the room.

He peeked into the living room making sure Rell was still distracted on the couch. He tried his best to be quiet as he walked towards his moms' room.

He opened the door slowly, leaving it cracked behind him. He walked over to the nightstand, scooting over.

He pulled a piece of the rug back, revealing a loose piece of the floorboard. He removed that also, feeling around in the space until he felt the gun. He was surprised that it was still in the exact space that he hid it in.

He put it to the side, reaching his hand inside again. He pulled out a stack of cash that was sealed in a ziplock bag.

He quickly replaced everything, except the cash and gun. He put the gun in his pants, slipping the cash into his pocket.

It wasn't much longer until Rell came into the room, and yelled at Von. He started to get closer, raising the bottle that he had in his hand up.

Von started to reach for his gun but stopped himself once he saw that Rell was just standing there.

He was clearly not in the right state of mind.

Von rolled his eyes, walking past him. He stuck his head into Skylars' room once more before making his way out of the front door.

He watched his surroundings, carefully making his way onto the sidewalk. The last thing he needed to be was recognized right now.

He walked a short distance before turning into an alley. On the other end of the alley was a liquor store.

He pulled the mask out of his pocket, putting it on quickly.

He pulled out the gun that he had tucked away. He hesitated at first, choosing whether or not he wanted to risk going back to jail or being unable to feed Skylar.

He stopped to calm himself down, controlling his breath.

"You really finna rob that man?" Someone said, starting to walk towards him.

Von turned to see an older boy walking towards him, he looked similar to the boy that he had given his number earlier.

The older boy stood in front of Von, taking the gun out of his hand. He turned the safety off, aiming it towards Von.

"Take ya mask off" He demanded, putting his finger on the trigger.

Dayvon just stood there, becoming nervous as he heard the click but knew better than to show any emotions.

The older boy lowered the gun, putting it back on safety. "I'm not in the streets anymore, just wanted to see what it felt like again"

He put the gun back on safety, handing it back to Dayvon.

"You the one my brother was tryna holla at right? I remember your tattoos"

Von just nodded his head at him. He took his mask off, revealing his face to the boy.

"I don't know his name yet" Von said.

"I'll deal with his ass later, it's Durk tho" The older said, starting to walk.

He turned around once he reached the street, "Bring yo ass" He yelled to Von, waiting for him to catch up.

Von hesitated but eventually let in, following alongside him.

He didn't want to annoy the older boy with questions but he was curious. He didn't even know his name, he was just following a random to wherever he was taking him.

Luckily it wasn't too far, Parkway was a short distance from here plus he had a gun on him.

Von followed the older boy towards a house, taking him in through the back door. Two boys were sitting on the couch, rolling up some weed.

"Dthang who tf is this nigga?" One of them asked.

Dthang?, Von thought to himself.

He didn't notice that they were all staring at him, waiting for him to say his name.

"Dayvon" He said, bluntly.

Dthang gestured for Von to follow him. "I'm finna see if he can spit sum, chill out folks damn" He yelled, making his way down the hallway to the farthest room.

He opened the door, revealing a built-in studio. "I don't rap though"

"Ian ask you that, would you rather be back in jail?"

Von didn't respond, just sat down on the edge of the bed.

He waited a couple of minutes before asking, letting his curiosity get the best of him.

"You rap?" He asked.

"No, I produce, that's all Durk"

"Can I hear a song?"

"Let's focus on yourself first, what's ya name?"

It was silent for a minute before Dthang finally turned around to Von.

"Nicknames? give me something to work with," Dthang said, snapping his fingers.

"Grandson"

"Nah"

"V.roy?"

"Fuck no, wtf is that"

"King von... that's all I got" Von said, sighing.

Dthang went silent again, writing something on a piece of paper. He went on his computer afterwards, leaving one tab open.

He handed Dayvon the piece of paper, getting out of his seat and gesturing for him to sit down.

"You got till 6 am, listen to the beat and write ya lyrics"

"My sister at home though, I can't stay here all night" He said, trying to walk out but Dthang blocked the doorway.

"You better figure it out then" He said, leaving the room.

Dayvon tried to open the door but it wouldn't move at all.

He sat down, staring at the pen, paper, and computer sitting in front of him.

"Might as well get this shit over with"