13

"Nice goal Adam!" My teammates on the ice come over and say. I grin and skate towards our bench to shake my teammates hands before skating back to centre ice. We're winning 5-0 and that was my second goal of the game I just got. The team we are playing against has lost every game so far. Us on the other hand, we've won all of them. Kennedy has been in net for all of them and she has gotten a shut out in each game.

A few minutes later, the buzzer sounds and we all skate over to Kennedy to tell her good game.

"You did great Kennedy! Nice shut out!" I tell her with a grin. "Thanks!" She looks at me for a quick second before looking at the next person.

"She misses you!" Connie tells me as we skate off the ice. "I miss her too Connie, but she's the one who needed things." I tell her. "How are your grades?" "They're fine. They always have been!" I tell her. "And you're clearly doing fine in hockey. You've gotten 1 or 2 how's in each game, you can skate around any player almost and you're barley in the box." "Connie I don't need a reminder. I need a way to get her back!" I tell her. "Listen, her dad is coming home tomorrow for a few weeks! She's excited about that, maybe do something that will make her think about you!" Connie tells me and skates off the ice ahead of me.

I remember Kennedy telling me that she always wanted to go see a Minnesota Wild game with her dad. That's their favourite NHL team. They're playing against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday and the tickets are pretty cheap since Toronto is at the bottom of the league. I know a guy who can get me tickets. I can put them in her locker without her noticing so I can surprise her.

-

It's the next day and I walk to Kennedy's locker with Fulton and Goldberg.

"Adam, what are you doing?" Fulton asks. "Putting tickets in Kennedy's locker." I tell them. "Why?" Goldberg questions. "Cause I got them for her!" I state. "Why?" He questions again. "Because, I'm doing something special for her." I say as I finish putting them in. "Why? Aren't you two done?" Fulton asks. "Yes and no. I want to try and get her back at some point, so I'm doing a nice thing for her." I tell them. "What kind of tickets?" Goldberg asks. "Minnesota Wild." I grin. "Are you going with her?" Fulton asks. "No. She's going with her dad." "Then why get them for her if you aren't going?" Goldberg asks. "Because, I'm doing something nice!" I say as we get to Averman's locker.

"You're always nice Adam!" Averman tells me. "Thanks!" I say. I lean my back against the lockers and I keep looking at Kennedy's locker to see if she comes. "You're doing it again!" Averman states. "Doing what again?" Fulton asks. "He's staring at Kennedy's locker." Averman tells him and Goldberg. Goldberg tells Averman what I did for Kennedy.

*Kennedy's POV*

Hey Kenny,
I got you these! I hope you and you're dad enjoy them. Let me know how it is!
-Banksy

Why did Adam get me? I open up the envelope and I see 2 tickets to the Wild game this Saturday. How did he get me these so quick? I look to my left and I see him standing at Averman's locker. He grins over at me. I look down at the tickets he got me and smile.

I put them in my backpack and walk to next class. I can't believe Adam got me those tickets and he remembered that the Wild are my favourite team. He's such a sweet guy. I honestly hope he works things out with his dad and we can eventually be together.

-

*Adam's POV*

It's Saturday now and a bunch of us are over at Luis' house to watch the Wild game. He also through a party too. But he just invited the team. The only person who couldn't come was Kennedy. But she's at the game so, we're all little jealous of her.

"How are you doing man?" Charlie comes over to sit beside me. "Fine." I shrug as I sip my drink. "Not tipsy wise. About Kennedy?" "Charlie I'm fine okay. I just need to work harder!" I tell him. "You work hard enough as it is. You're the hardest working guy I know!" He tells me. "What do I do then Charlie? I obviously want to be with her, I still hope she wants to be with me. But my dad wants me to focus on school and hockey and Kennedy doesn't want to start anything until I'm ready!" I tell him. "Adam, don't worry about your dad thinks. What do you want to do?" Charlie asks. "I want to be with her." I say as I look over at him. "Then show her you are ready to be with her Adam! Even if it takes you a while, you have to show her you want to be with her!" He tells me and stands up. "Thanks man!" I say. "Of course." He says and hands me a beer. I grin and finish the rest of my drink.