{8. Sleepless Nights and Early Morning Walks}

"Dialogue"

'Past Dialogue'

*Sign Language*

^Thoughts^

(Marinette's POV)

It was now Sunday morning, 2 o'clock in the morning to be specific. I was having another sleepless night. I couldn't fall asleep; I have been trying to sleep for the past 4 hours. I lay there for a few more minutes before sighing and giving up on sleep. I got up and out of bed. I walked to my closet, grabbed my clothes and changed. I left my room and walked to the kitchen. I decided to make myself a coffee. I made a pot of coffee and grabbed a mug before filling it with coffee. I sat down at the kitchen counter drinking my coffee. I was thinking about what I should do since I won't be able to sleep. I finished my coffee and decided to go on a walk.

I grabbed my purse and wrote a quick note to my friends in case they wake up and I'm not back yet. I placed the note on the kitchen bench so it would be visible. I then walked out the door and made my way to the elevator. I got in and pressed the ground floor button. It slowly descended and then opened at the ground level. I walked over to the front doors to the hotel and walked outside. 

I wondered around the city for a bit. I was lost in my thoughts. ^I should finish making the commissions as soon as possible. I think I might do the Wayne's commission first. I wonder what time it is? Why is the sky blue? I wonder who the Bat family is? I wonder if Uncle Jagged and Aunt Penny would let me stay with my family here? Why is Lila such a liar? Why did Alya believe Lila over me? What is the meaning of life?^ I had so many random thoughts running through my mind. Honestly, I think I'm starting to question my sanity.

I was cut from my thoughts when I heard a scream. It sounded like it was coming from a nearby alleyway. I turned in the direction and started to run closer to see what was going on. I turned around the corner and ran to the opening of the alleyway. What I saw was horrible. A woman was being held by a man with a gun, he was trying to get her purse. I ran over to them and knocked the gun out of the guy's hand. I then pushed him away from the woman and tried to keep him away from her. He came at me, and I just dodged all the hits he threw at me. He was slowly tiring out from using his energy trying to hit me. When he started slowing down significantly, I finally started to fight back. I threw a punch at his face, and it landed. He was knocked out on the ground from the force of the punch. (Five Finger Death Punch anyone?) 

I took off his jacket and used it to tie his hands together. I then turned around and checked on the woman. She seemed fine just a little shaken up. "Th-thank y-you f-for s-saving m-me." She stuttered to me. I nodded to her and then turned around to leave. I walked out of the alleyway and continued the walk I was going on earlier. I walked around until I found a park with a pond and a bridge over it. 

I walked on the bridge and stopped in the middle of it, I looked at the water. I just stood there leaning against the rail admiring the view. Time flew by and I had been standing there for an hour. I suddenly heard a thud behind me. I turned around to see who it was, and I saw it was Red Hood. I honestly wasn't surprised to see him, it is Gotham after all. "Isn't it a bit late to be here, princess." He said to me. I just stood there and stared at him. *I couldn't sleep, so I went for a walk.* I told him. He stood there silently pondering. "Is it really a good idea to go for a walk this late on your own?" He asked me. *I couldn't think of anything else to do, also, I can take care of myself.* I told him. "It's late, let me walk you home." He told me. I took my phone out of my pocket to see the time. It is 3:30 in the morning. I decided why not, otherwise he probably wouldn't leave me alone. 

*Sure.* I told him. We started walking and I led the way back to the hotel. We walked through the lobby and to the elevator. We then took the elevator to the floor I am staying on. I took out my keycard and unlocked the door. I walked inside and turned around to thank him. *Thank you for walking me home.* I thanked him. He grunted quietly before responding. "You're welcome, Pixie-pop." He said and then walked away with a slight limp, invisible to the untrained eye. I stood there for a second trying to process what he said before I realised, he is limping.