P R O L O G U E

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾     ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇      ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

The rule of the game of throne and power was that the innocents and the weak were the first to be killed off. 

But what were the faults of the infant princes? They were just babies who were no older than two months. 

The whole Harem was in chaos as they mourned the unfortunate tragedy that fell on the Sultan and his Haseki. The eldest princes of the Sultan were poisoned to death in the cruellest manner in the Harem when the Sultan was in the hunting lodge with his baş Haseki,  the mother of the dead princes. 

Who could have thought they would kill the infant princes when their mother was in the hunting lodge with their Sultan baba. The hunger for power was enough for the culprit to kill the innocent princes heartlessly. It blinded them enough to commit a crime and cover it up with another crime. They blamed it on the mother. 

They say it was because of her carelessness that the princes were killed, they blamed it on her and accused her of killing her own children mercilessly while all she felt was empty and numb. Everyone turned their backs on her, it was as if even the gods turned their face away from her. 

Daye Hatun eyed the woman sitting at the corner of the room, covered in black from head to toe as she kept her eyes glued on the woman who was crying in the middle of the Harem, with a smirk. Heartless. 

She knew it was her, in fact everyone knew it but no one dared to speak up for the fear of the Sultan who would prefer a dead slave over the slave who speaks ill of the mother of his only surviving son. 

"My sons," The mother mourned. "My Osman, my Mehmed. What have they done to you!" She cried and cried until the Valide Sultan entered the Harem in rage. 

"Kızlar, take your Sultana to her chamber." The Valide Sultan ordered and the girls approached the crying mother to pick her up but immediately withdrew when the mother screamed. 

"They killed my children when you were under the same roof!" She yelled at the Valide Sultan making everyone gasp. "You, Valide, you have lost my respect for you. You are no less than the murderer of my children."

"ENOUGH!" The Queen mother yells. "How dare you blame me when it is clearly your fault. We lost two princes all because of you. If you didn't go to the hunting lodge without the princes despite my disapproval, this wouldn't have happened!"

It was enough to make the mother go crazy. The worst thing you can do to a mother who just lost both her children was to blame their death on her and they did it. They accused her and taunted her of not being a capable mother until it was enough to make her go crazy. Even the Sultan abandoned her. It became too much for her to bear that she didn't care about anything else but to end it. 

She jumped into the lake. 

A princess who was born and brought up with love was given to the Ottomans in marriage to form an alliance between the two houses. The woman who was supposed to be the happiest and rule alongside the Sultan had the most tragic end. 

But this wasn't the real end, in fact it was just the beginning. Fate was about to work its magic turning the tragic end of the forgotten Haseki into a new beginning that nobody expected. 

Ayşe Cihan Sultan died that night and Maria took over. 

Maria, who was a soldier in the 21st century was heavily injured while on a mission. She was all surrounded by the enemy from four sides leaving her no choice but to jump off the cliff and into the water. She chose to drown rather than to die at the hands of the enemy. 

She jumped into the water as Maria but came out as someone else at another time and place she couldn't recognize at all. 

She didn't know where she was or who she was. All she knew was that everyone secretly addressed her as ‘The Forgotten Haseki’.

     ________________________________________

Terms
Sultan : Ruler
Sultana : Queen (here, princess too)
Haseki : the Chief Consort/ the favourite
                consorts and the mother of the
                princes
Şehzade : Prince
Baba : father
Valide/Anne : Mother
Kardeşim : Brother/ sibling
Valide Sultan : Queen mother
Pasha/Paşa : Man of higher rank/ officer
Hatun : Lady
Agha/ağa : Chief/master
Kalfa : assistant master 

              ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾     ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇      ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙