t w o

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾     ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇      ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"I heard Baş Haseki lost her senses and attacked the Valide Sultan." I could hear the girls whispering in the corridor. "Poor Haseki Sultan."

"Poor her, she had suffered a lot, " Another voice said. "She lost her princes and the favour of both the Valide Sultan and the Sultan himself. Poor her, she has to suffer 

"Why?"

"You dumb, of course, because even the Sultan blames her for the death of the Şehzadeler. Hünkarım left her and forgot her but His Majesty is also very kind too. Today, he saved her from being punished in the dungeons at the hands of the Valide Sultan."

I sat on the floor and leaned my head on the door as I listened to the maids gossiping. I found myself all alone in this big chamber when I gained my consciousness and that's when I heard the maids outside gossiping about me. Not me but the body I am in, so it's technically me. 

But is it really me? 

Oh God, just thinking about it makes my head hurt more. 

I stood up from my place when I heard them leaving. Suddenly the door to my chamber opened and Ayla entered. She had this surprise expression on as she caught me eavesdropping but she didn't dare to say anything. She bowed. "Sultanım, you should be resting and not walking around."

I ignored her and walked back to the bed before sitting down. "Ayla?"

"Yes, Sultanim." She replied as she stood in front of me. 

"For how many years have you known me," I asked. 

She chose to ignore the latter one. "Sultanim, I've been at your service since we were eight years old." Then she must know everything about this woman. 

"And how old am I now?" I felt stupid asking this but I have to. I need to know everything about this body, who she is, what happened to her and what really was going on around me and most importantly where I am. 

"You will be turning twenty one, four days from now Sultanım." She replied. "I can't believe you don't remember anything, Sultanım. I hope you get well soon and remember everything and go back to your old happy self."

Is she the same age as me? But she looks quite young to be twenty one. And if she has been with me for more than 13 years. She must know everything. 

I patted the seat beside me and told her to take a seat. She hesitated but one glare from me was enough to shut her up and sit down immediately. 

"Who am I? Ayla. Where am I? Tell me everything." I said. "Everything from the beginning."

"Sultanım–"

"Forget that I'm your Sultana for now. Speak to me like– like I'm your friend?" She was about to protest again but I immediately put my hands up telling her to shut up and go on with the story instead of apologising and protesting unnecessarily. 

"You are Cihanşah Hatun, princess of the Crimean Khanate. Daughter of Şahin Giray Khan and Fatma Hatun." Ayla said in a dramatic voice add some hand movements too which wasn't necessary at all. 

Cihanşah? 

"Then why do these people keep on referring to me as Ayşe Sultan or the Haseki Sultan if my real name is Cihanşah?" I asked with my eyebrow arched at her in confusion. 

"Sultanım, your name was changed to Ayşe Cihan Sultan after your marriage to His Majesty Sultan Süleyman." She said, "And the Haseki Sultan is your title."