o n e

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾     ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇      ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

The water blurred my eyes and burned them as I forcefully kept my eyes open, looking up at the surface of the water where the bullets were being shot at but none of them touched my body. Despite dodging all the bullets easily I knew I wouldn't survive. 

I was shot in the left shoulder and a heavily injured leg that won't let me swim up to save my life. That's it. This was my end. 

I accept it.

I slowly closed my eyes and waited for my death but it never came. Instead a large hand appeared out of nowhere and pulled me up to the surface of the water by my arm. 

"Tha. . . Thank you." I mumbled out as I struggled to breathe, I didn't look up to see who saved my life already knowing it was one of my teammates.

"That was. . . that was pretty close." I said breathlessly with a chuckle and looked up to see different faces wearing different kinds of clothes that I couldn't recognize. I let out a yelp making them take a step back with a gasp at my sudden behaviour. 

"Where am I?" I asked. 

"Sultanım, please stop playing around." The girl sitting beside me cried out making my scowl at her. 

"What- wait wait. Who?" 

"Sultanım, you scared us all. Please don't do that next time. Committing suicide is the biggest sin which you were about to commit." Another girl cried out. 

What the hell is going on here! 

"Who is this Sultanım and why are you calling me by her name? And who told you I tried to commit suicide!? Girl, I'm a soldier." I said to her sternly before standing up just to notice I was wearing a weird dress. But I also noticed the bullet wound in my shoulder doesn't hurt anymore, nor did my leg. Something was definitely wrong. 

"And who are you?" I asked as I narrowed my eyes at her. 

"It's me, Ayla, your lady-in-waiting, Sultanım." The girl said.

"Sultanım, lost her memory!" Another girl cried out and that's when I realised they speak different languages too and weirdly I understood and spoke in that language too. 

I looked around myself and inspected the unknown place. All I could see was trees surrounding us and the big lake in front of us. 

"Inform the Valide Sultan that we were able to save Ayşe Sultan but unfortunately she lost her memory." A man standing behind ordered another who nodded before running off. 

"Who is Valide Sultan?" I asked, grabbing the girl near me by both her arms, taking her by surprise. "Who is this Ayşe? And where am I? Speak!"

All she did was whimper in pain as I shook her aggressively. Weak ass. I immediately let go of her and began pacing around that place, looking at the new place as I tried to recall everything but the heavy dress was making it harder for me to move. 

What's going on! 

I pulled my hair harshly as I tried to remember and the girls immediately started pulling my hand away from my hair. "What the hell is wrong with you all!" I yelled at them. 

"I don't know who I am or where I am. And on top of that you guys. . . You guys– ugh. Just fuck off!" I swore at them harshly as I pushed them away. 

"Then Sultanım please stop trying to harm yourself," That girl whose name was Ayla said as she hesitantly approached me but one glare from me was enough to make her step back. I turned away from them and sat down on the big rock that was on the edge of the lake. 

I was surrounded by the enemies, I jumped off the cliff and into the water. They shot at me but fortunately none touched my body but with every second inside the water, my body felt heavier and heavier. I almost gave up but I'm here, walking around in a weird dress in an unknown land speaking some language that God knows what and I have no scars or injuries in my body! 

Something is not adding up. 

I stood up and started pacing around, fidgeting with my fingers. 

"Sultanım, please stop pacing around like that. You will injure yourself again." The girl from earlier said as she immediately grabbed a pair of weird looking shoes and put them under my feet. Even from the look itself I could tell it was quite uncomfortable so I just ignored their pleas and the shoe. 

I could hear the galloping of the horses even from a distance as they came nearer and nearer until they finally reached us. There were a number of men in armour with swords strapped to their belts riding horses while the women climbed down from the carriage and stormed towards us. 

An elderly woman walked towards us with a bunch of girls following close behind her. She was dressed in dark clothes but the hem of the clothes were embroidered in gold and silver and had patterns that screamed lavish. She was decorated with jewellery from head to toe and she even had a crown on her head with a piece of cloth hanging behind. She had it pulled to the front to cover the lower part of her face. 

"Ayşe! What kind of behaviour is this! Is this how you behave as the wife of the Cihan Padişah and as his baş Haseki!?" The elderly woman yelled as she immediately raised her hand to slap me but I was quick enough and caught it. 

"And what are you now?" I asked as I pushed her hand away, earning a hard glare from her. If she thinks her glare would scare me, then she was wrong. Instead it motivated me more to piss her off until she exploded from anger. 

"How dare you!" She gritted out. "How dare you! Raise your voice and your hand at me, your Valide Sultan!"

"Ağlar!" She yelled and the men whom I assumed to be guards came and stood at her right with their heads bowed. "Arrest this insolent woman and take her to the dungeons."

"But Sultanım, we are not allowed to touch-"

"This is the order of your Valide Sultan!"

The guards advanced towards me but I immediately took out the sword from the guy standing nearby and pointed it at the neck of the woman who addressed herself as the Valide Sultan, taking everyone by surprise. The other men immediately came to their senses and held their swords against my throat. 

That woman was too stunned to speak. I could see fear dangling in her eyes making me smirk. "I can slit your throat right here and kill everyone here in a matter of 15 minutes so don't test my temper and tell me where I am?"

There was a complete silence. Not even a single leaf moved. All you could hear was the blowing of the cool breeze and the dangling of the jewellery of the women. 

"Ayşe Sultan, please don't do this," The same woman who was sitting beside me earlier cried out again. Does she ever shut up? 

"Put the sword down, Sultanım or we'll be forced to use force on you." One of the men said. 

I let out a mocking laugh just when I was about to put down my sword as the Valide Sultan looked like she was about to wet her dress, something hit the back of my neck and I lost my consciousness.

"You made a grave mistake, Ayşe. A grave mistake." That was the last thing I heard before darkness engulfed me like a dear old friend. 

              ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾     ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇      ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙