s i x

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"Sultanım," I could hear someone calling out from outside but I was too tired and lazy to even tell the person to enter. But with every minute, the callings grew louder and louder and then finally that person dared to enter without my permission.

"Sultanım, forgive me but I have no choice." Ayla said as she hastily opened the curtains in my chamber and a bright ray of sunshine hit my eyes, making me groan.

"Ayla, get out." I groaned.

"No, Sultanım. You need to get up. The Valide Sultan has summoned you to her chamber." She said and my eyes immediately flunk open. I sat up and turned to look at her with my eyes narrowed as the light from the sun blinded my eyes.

"The Valide Sultan? She's here?" I asked.

"No, the Sultan's grandmother. The former Valide Sultan." She corrected as she pulled the duvet away from me.

I stood up and went for the hammam first before getting dressed and following Ayla out as she led me to the chamber of Hüma Sultan. The maids opened the door as I walked in to see her sitting on her couch while a man sat opposite to her with his back to me.

Even from the back I knew it was him because almost everyone had short hair or maybe ear length but only he had about shoulder length hair and his hair looked so soft that I almost asked him what shampoo he uses. In short, he didn't look like a prince but a savage living in the mountains.

"You asked for me, Your Majesty?" I asked as I walked closer to her.

He turned back revealing his stupid face and my mood soured.

"Ah, you." I said without hiding my distaste for his presence. He clenched his jaw and immediately turned away.

"I heard you went out last night." Hüma Sultan said as she gracefully sipped on her coffee. The morning sunlight, entering from her window was directly hitting her face making her look somehow much younger and beautiful.

"Yes," I replied.

"And you didn't care to inform anyone?" She arched her eyebrow at me.

"I didn't know I had to ask permission from someone to go out."

She put her cup down slowly before folding her hands on her lap elegantly. "Ayşe dear, there's a big difference between asking permission before going out and informing people about your whereabouts. Keep that in mind."

I couldn't say anything. She was right. I bit my tongue hard as a punishment for running it like scissors unnecessarily. One of these days, I might lose my head because of my tongue.

"Control your tongue, Hatun. Know who you are talking to." He hissed at me.

"Şehzadım, you are forgetting your manners and etiquettes." She said as she moved her gaze away from me and to Şehzade Selim who huffed in annoyance.

"Ayşe, I'm sure you haven't met him officially." She said, "This is my grandson, Şehzade Selim. Selim, my lion, meet Ayşe Sultan, Hünkarım's wife and Baş Haseki."

"That Crimean princess?" Selim asked in disbelief to which Hüma Sultan nodded with a sigh.

I cleared my throat to let them know I was here, with them while they talked about me like I wasn't.

"Şehzadım, I'll see you later." Hüma Sultan said and Selim nodded and kissed her hand. He turned to leave but not before giving me a mean ass look like I killed his cat.

"Dear, have a seat." She said and I sat down on the couch opposite to her. She offered me coffee which I gladly took. "I heard everything from Daye Hatun. I hope you get well soon."