15

"guess what guys?" luke said, dropping his tray on our table.

"where's macy?" i asked.

"she's absent."

"why?" i questioned, putting my utensils down.

luke shrugged. "i'm not really sure. all she said is that she had to do something."

i nodded at him, but i wasn't quite convinced.

"anyways, you were saying something." said michael.

luke smiled then, a huge one i tell you. "i'm going to ask macy already."

"awesome!" shouted ashton. 

"you owe me ten bucks man." he said putting his hand out at michael.

michael groaned and handed the ten.

i raised my eyebrows, unaware of what was happening.

"you guys bet on me?" luke didn't really look mad. he was actually amused.

"well, i bet that it would take two months until you'd want to take the next step while ashton bet one month." michael explained.

luke nodded, becoming more amused. "and you weren't in this, cal?"

i shook my head. "no. i don't really want to gamble on my friend's love life."

"i wouldn't call it a gamble though. it's like some kind of investment." ashton said playing with the money michael gave him.

we all laughed at him, but we were interrupted by luke's phone ringing.

luke took his phone out to see who it was.

he made a motion with his hands telling us to excuse him. 

"hello." i heard him say, but that was all.

the three of us continued to eat silently, waiting for him to come back.

when he went back, he had a worried look on his face.

"that was macy's mom, and macy needs me right now. i got to go, guys, bye."

i had to fight the urge to stand up and go with luke so that i could get to you, but i had to know my limitations.

you needed luke at that moment. 

i would just have to grab my own chance.

until then, the three of us just stared at luke's back, and when the two just resumed eating like nothing happened, i decided that i'll just do that, too.

how i loved youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें