16

you were absent again the next day, and so was luke.

the three of us were so worried for the both of you.

we had asked your friend, jessie, about what happened and if you were okay, but she didn't know.

none of us had a clue either since luke wasn't answering his phone.

liz, though. she said that luke went to see you and he spent the night there, but he hadn't come back 'til then.

we were all worried, macy, but we figured that maybe you guys were at your place.

that afternoon, after school, the three of us drove to your residence.

"hello." the woman that greeted us looked like a replica of you, but slightly older. i guessed that it was your mother.

"hi." we all waved. 

"may i ask who you guys are?" she asked politely.

"we're luke's friends. is he here?" ashton asked.

" oh. well, come in, come in." your mom urged, moving out of the doorway. 

"yes he's here. him and macy are upstairs." she said giving a small smile.

as i stared at her intently, she looked like she had just cried. i wanted to ask, but that would've been rude.

"what drink do you boys want? water? juice? coffee?" she asked.

"no thanks, mrs. todd. we're fine." ashton said and michael and i nodded in agreement.

"i think we should get going now, though, since we're now sure that luke and macy are safe." i said standing up, and the two followed suit.

"oh. i'll just tell them you visited them, then." 

"thanks again, mrs. todd. bye!" i sighed as she muttered a bye and closed the door.

"what do you think happened, guys? did you see her eyes? she looked so sad, like she just cried." ashton asked with worry in his voice.

michael shrugged and i answered, "i have no idea."

sooo any guesses?

sooo any guesses?