VI

"I'm a shadow, a mere shadow," Cale said as he locked his gaze on Ron.

Rainy, cloudy, no light, darkness, day and night, since he left, perhaps his very existence has vanished. That was the moment he let him go somewhere else and leave everything behind.

"Ron," Cale asked, "will you spare me the agony of isolation?"

The old man gave him a sidelong glance. He noticed the latter trembling slightly with nervousness.

They both maintained their distance. Taking glance after glance, but it was all for nothing.

"I'm tired, Ron... Tired of everything... That's why I left."

The old man was looking solemn right now. Ron may not share his sentiments, nor the feelings he has for his elder as a child.

"I'm going to die, Ron..."

His solemn expression had darkened. Ron was taken aback, as was Vicross. He might be confused because he spends the majority of his time with Cale.

Cale sat down, looking lonely and depressed. Deep dark atoms covered his skin, making him wonder if his life would end tonight, but it never seemed to be his last breath.' The old man in front of him opened his mouth to relieve him of any pain from breathing his jealousy. It smelled like a broken trust that he had never seen or experienced.

The sky was so dim that even the cloud, like his heart, seemed desperate, ready to drop and begin the ensemble of life. Beyond this sight, all he could see was an angel, an angel he never imagined would come after him. The one he expected to stay, like a powerful drug that entangled himself to him. He couldn't keep him, so he flew away quickly and softly.

When he reached the end of his journey, he said to himself, 'Just forget if you can, that I never frowned and remembered only to smile.'

He gently placed his fingers on his chest. Cale had finally made up his mind.

'It was only you whom I will never forget... Despite the fact that I am not present... Always... Forever...'

Why are they so far away?

Why did being around these people make him feel like he was always alone?

Why would they take another person's hand when he was covered in blood and flash?

Even if I can't become one of yours, you'll be one of the most important people in my life.

Cale asked himself these questions every night. Every night, we go to bed with no response. Perhaps... he reasoned. Maybe he was talking to himself, like an abnormal man. Here he closes his eyes, and this is what he sees in a flashback of life;

A figure standing before him in the lone night of a ruined County. The profound voice, the one and only single smile, the hand that pushed him away. The distance, the pain, the years of waiting for a chance to see this man and apologize—a single chance to say what he wanted.

"It's okay, Ron..." Cale smiled, "I'm sorry for not being a good master... I'm sorry for being a child and causing you trouble..."

Even if this man did not consider him in those regressions.

Cale will be eternally grateful to this man for the years he spent suffering alongside him.

Every tear he shed felt like his heart stopped for a moment. His dreams were all gone, he never got to grow old and take his last breath seeing his face, he was the only thing he had left in his life and now he was gone forever. The only people he wanted to be with, spend time with, be happy, smile, laugh......